Look what followed me home from Beech Grove Firearms today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I have suffered a broken hand several year's back and still have a plate on one finger to this day. I have found grip and comfort is hard to find in just every gun. Very nice choice and i love the finish it has. I may need to check one of them out for my back-up firearm..Thanks

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet..

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have suffered a broken hand several year's back and still have a plate on one finger to this day. I have found grip and comfort is hard to find in just every gun. Very nice choice and i love the finish it has. I may need to check one of them out for my back-up firearm..Thanks

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet..

I've got a pin in my hand and its been broken twice. I shoot this gun fine. Its more of a primary gun, though, pretty big for a back up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Blue, how's the trigger. Have yet to coonfinger one.

Various online sites have published DA triggers between 11 lb and 8.4 lb. Mine is 11 lb in DA and 5.5 lb in SA. Its very smooth and doesn't stack. It breaks cleanly and predictably. Staging the trigger with a DA pull I was able to keep 6 rounds in a box the size of a credit card at 25y, the only other handgun I can do this with is a 1911. In both cases I think the sights and the trigger are the difference over my other firearms.

I have a friend who is a huge revolver fan that owns dozens of classics from Colt and S&W and is VERY good with a wheel gun. I told him I bought it and he gave the standard "Rugers have poo triggers" and immediately suggested I change springs and have a trigger job. So, I let him finger it. He shut up and ordered his own. :D

He picked one up and spent about 5 minutes with a stone, didn't even change the springs, and says he likes the trigger better than his worked S&Ws.

Top Bottom