Look what followed me home from Beech Grove Firearms today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been scouting for a 3" .357 magnum for months as its on my short list of "wanna haves". (A quality .308 is the next up, but that's for another day.)

I decided to make the rounds today, and had a multi-store "tour" lined up. I started out at BGF...and ended the tour. They had a fresh Wiley Clapp Hawkeye edition of the Ruger GP100 in the case. Apparently they just put it out this morning, as one of the clerks said it wasn't in there last night. I looked at the original Wiley Clapp edition at BGF months ago, went to lunch to think it over, and it sold while I was thinking. I didn't make that mistake this time. I asked the clerk (Dave) to set it back for me while I looked around the store, he did, and once I was done browsing I told him I'd like to start the paperwork.

100_1058_zps53814761.jpg

Novak Gold bead front sight:

100_1055_zps863d6b92.jpg

Holy crap, this thing feels great in my hand. The Wiley Clapp grips fit my hand perfectly and they feel fantastic. I've broken my hand twice, and my fingers aren't straight, so grips with finger grooves often wear on me.

The trigger is smooth and breaks consistently with minimal stacking. It feels lighter than it probably is, and I'm sure it will feel even better after some breaking in. The tolerances and fit and finish on this gun are outstanding. I'm surprised at how tight the crane is and just how solid it feels.

This is going to take over for my farm gun. Currently I'm carrying an old single action .44 when working in the brush. First two cylinders snake shot, the rest hollowpoints. However its a 6.5" barrel and if I have to run to town, its impossible to conceal and I'm not big on open carry without a retention holster. This sweet little package will work for the farm and for town, just swap out the snake shot when I'm heading in.

+1 for BGF. Dave, was very helpful, answered my questions, and made me feel welcome. When I got home I sniffed around the Internet...and couldn't find anyone with one in stock cheaper than BGF. Even out of stock, $20 cheaper was as low as I could find it, so definitely competitive on their prices.

I got it home and my wife said what a beautiful gun it is. I'm going to have to watch it closely or she may try to adopt it...

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Nice find.
    Glad to see they now have a gold bead front sight.
    Gonna have to see if Ruger will sell me one to replace the green fiber optic job I've got on mine.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe but I haven't measured the GP100 dovetail and I don't know what one you linked measures.

It goes directly to the Novak site, you tell them which model and barrel length its for, and you can also specify post height.

What kind of holsters are you guys using?

Top Bottom