• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Shhhhhhhh....... these are spy pictures so don't tell anyone that you saw them.

I can't tell you what it is but it's going to be in a magazine.

AR15spikes002.jpg

AR15spikes003.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Its interesting that the front of the upper receiver seems to be bolted to the forearm. I suspect that is a gas piston gun, one complaint about gas piston guns is that they can flex and be less accurate. . . just guessing here but the bolted connection between the forearm and upper may be an attempt resolve that issue?

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Its interesting that the front of the upper receiver seems to be bolted to the forearm. I suspect that is a gas piston gun, one complaint about gas piston guns is that they can flex and be less accurate. . . just guessing here but the bolted connection between the forearm and upper may be an attempt resolve that issue?
    Perhaps, but's it's also just another way to free-float the forend and it allows you to have a continuous upper rail. LaRue has done it like that also.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Looks like a standard DI gun to me. The forearm is a DD Lite Rail system. Some more pics of it here:
    Daniel Defense Lite Rail install guide and pictorial review - Weapon Evolution: Emerging AR15 & Small Arms Technologies

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Was searching for something and stumbled on this thread.

ANYone find out what this gun is and what magazine? Everyone's posts piqued my interest and now I'm too curious. I gotta know! :D

Top Bottom