• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    (Range Practice is a great idea, but mandatory service...... We have cut off's for a reason. I have seen some bad ones get through.........)

I have been looking for a cheap little pump 12G for the car but the thought of it getting broken into and some crook running around with my weapon makes me sick....

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    If your in the stix then sure.

Serial crush and i do it all the time; walk down the county road and through the fields with our AR-15s looking for varmints. If anyone sees us, or drives past, we just wave! They just wave right back. :)

Absolutely, when I was a lad, all of 15 years ago I would walk through the small town near my house to my stomping grounds on the other side with a loaded shotgun or .22 over my shoulder. How this world has changed......

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Remember in the 70s and early 80s every "country boy" had an Easy Rider gun rack in the back window of his pickup truck with two or three of his favorite shotguns and rifles. Ah, the good old days...

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    It would be nice if something like this was barely noticed here other than the occasional "Nice rifle" from someone

450px-Caroline-Migros-p1000507.jpg

Could you imagine trying something like that in Lake County :laugh:

No for the love of god and all things holy GTFO of Lake county!!!!!

Former CP guy here now I'm out in BFE

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Absolutely, when I was a lad, all of 15 years ago I would walk through the small town near my house to my stomping grounds on the other side with a loaded shotgun or .22 over my shoulder. How this world has changed......

When I was young, a number of us boys ran trap lines. We'd run them either right after school, or on our way in to school. Since we were too young to drive, we'd carry our .22's and .410's to school, unload them at the door, put them in the corner of the principal's office, and go to class. Anyone who had something from the traps were required to take it down to the shop and store them there until we went home. Anything "stinky" wasn't allowed in.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think being able to openly carry a rifle or shotgun without social reprisal is an excellent and laudable goal. I also think that we're "not there" yet, and have to continue educating and shaping the group mind by open carry of our sidearms.

For what it's worth, I suspect that most people who are accepting of carrying firearms still view holstered handguns as primarily defensive weapons, whereas many of those same people might see a long gun in the same context as an offensive weapon. It's not so much about logic and facts as it is about perceptions and feelings, which is one thing some of us want to change by open carry when it is prudent to do so.

Of course, "things" could change rapidly for a variety of reasons to the point where openly carrying a long gun won't just be acceptable, it will be required if you don't want to be perceived as prey. I hope that doesn't happen, but anything is possible with the fragile nature of the economic system and the ongoing attempts by the Federal gov't to make it worse.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Of course, "things" could change rapidly for a variety of reasons to the point where openly carrying a long gun won't just be acceptable, it will be required if you don't want to be perceived as prey. I hope that doesn't happen, but anything is possible with the fragile nature of the economic system and the ongoing attempts by the Federal gov't to make it worse.

No, you've got it all wrong. They're trying to "FIX" the economy. On second thought...when I was a kid, my parents had our dog "fixed".

I'm gonna go search for a good carry strap for my folding SKS now...

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Remember in the 70s and early 80s every "country boy" had an Easy Rider gun rack in the back window of his pickup truck with two or three of his favorite shotguns and rifles. Ah, the good old days...

I've still got the rack, but now, its overhead. Usually keep a savage 22 on it, but have been thinking lately, that it would cost more to fix the broken window than replace the stolen gun if anything were to happen.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    You might want to wait on that, people are gonna be a little jumpy for the next week or two after the shooting in DC. I was asked by the manger at gander to case my mossy today when i walked in. (he even used the phrase "we don't wanna scare the sheeple away, even if they are idiots they are idiots with plastic to spend"

Top Bottom