• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have not seen this asked before, but I think it should. Ever since I was a small boy in the 50s The Rifleman with Chuck Conners was one of my all time heros after Roy Rogers and Superman.

I feel better with a rifle than a handgun, but there is no other choice than to open carry. Do you open carry a rifle with you or in your vehicle?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I have open carried long guns before but it usually involves camo and blaze orange.

You do get some strange looks for people driving past you. LOL

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    If your in the stix then sure.

Serial crush and i do it all the time; walk down the county road and through the fields with our AR-15s looking for varmints. If anyone sees us, or drives past, we just wave! They just wave right back. :)

glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    I have a mid 90s jeep grand cherokee and I used to keep my AR under the back seat wrapped in a towel, then it was broken into and started leaving it at home and taking the glock strongside.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Broke into and they didn't find the the AR?
    Lucky you. Dumb criminals.

When I was living in Maryland, I saw a guy OCing a shotgun in the city. I don't know about OC laws in MD, but the police certainly didn't like it. They came and took him away.
    Anyone know if he was within his rights, or just nuts?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I keep and M1 carbine and 300 rds in mags. It usually rides on the transmission hump unless I am out on my property. Then it rides upright against the dash, just in case I get a shot at a coyote.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Open carry is a bit of who's your local Sheriff and how suspicious will you look when you do. I've gone through Indiana's laws and there is no law that prohibits open carry of a rifle or shotgun. The only firearm carry restriction is limited to handguns. As there is no law that says you can't carry, by default you can.

I think I'll check with my county Sheriff and get his take on this. But if he gives it a thumbs up for things like walking around my neighborhood, I'll start doing so. I can understand why people might wig out if I walked into WalMart with an AK on my back but with little steps maybe we can get to that point.

It has to start somewhere.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It would be nice if something like this was barely noticed here other than the occasional "Nice rifle" from someone

450px-Caroline-Migros-p1000507.jpg

Could you imagine trying something like that in Lake County :laugh:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wikipedia page for Swiss gun politics. It's a guy picking up groceries on his way home from mandatory range practice.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That would be nice. Want to take off work today? "Sorry boss, gotta go do some 'mandatory' practice at the gun range"

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Could you imagine trying something like that in Lake County :laugh:

Halloween I'll do it in Lake County. :cool:

I OC pistols all the time up here. As to rifles... well I don't want to screw up the congenial relationships I have where I open carry, lol.

Thats my biggest concern. I enjoy open carry and honestly don't want to rub it in the faces of the stores I shop in all the time.

Top Bottom