• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Sweet, guys! Kel Tec SUB2K is moving back in tomorrow! You guys who've shot FNS with me can understand why I like having it close to me!

Thanks again,
    Doug K

I've thought about putting my sub 2000 in my truck, but I'd have to dismount to use it effectively. It's my go to home weapon though. Ain't they great!? I'm just a passable shot with a handgun, but between growing up with rifles and my good ol' 82nd ABN training, to paraphrase a 70s action hero, "I pity the fool that comes into my house uninvited!"

With one 33 round magazine loaded with +P Golden Sabers and another in my pocket, it's a bad, bad day for the BDs.

I just ordered the quad rail system for mine. Red dot sight and foregrip soon to follow.

(Sorry for the mini-threadjack, I get worked up over well conceived firearms!)

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've thought about putting my sub 2000 in my truck, but I'd have to dismount to use it effectively. It's my go to home weapon though. Ain't they great!? I'm just a passable shot with a handgun, but between growing up with rifles and my good ol' 82nd ABN training, to paraphrase a 70s action hero, "I pity the fool that comes into my house uninvited!"

With one 33 round magazine loaded with +P Golden Sabers and another in my pocket, it's a bad, bad day for the BDs.

I just ordered the quad rail system for mine. Red dot sight and foregrip soon to follow.

(Sorry for the mini-threadjack, I get worked up over well conceived firearms!)

Yes, I do think they are great little guns. We've got one hanging on teh closet at home and I've kept this one in my truck for a few years now. It fits snugly between the driver's seat and the console when it's folded up. Takes only a second to unfold it and be ready for use. Nto as fast as drawing a handgun, but it'll have to do until my lifetime permit comes in! i shoot mine at FNS and do pretty darned well with it. Mine is a .40 cal version so I've ONLY got 15 rounds in it, but feel pretty good with that! Especially since I've got a couple more mags in the door and a Mini-Mave with six more mags behind my driver's seat! I'd say I'm set up pretty well with my current rig. I've got the factory short rail with a SureFire mounted on it and am very happy with it. I'd like to see one of the rails in person, but I think it would defeat some of the purpose of the rifle. It's designed to be a lighweight packable carbine. Start replacing plastic with metal and hanging all kinds of stuff off of it and it get's heavy really quick! Still much cheaper than a pistol caliber AR, but again, not it's real replacement.

Doug K

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Kirk is correct. If you are out on a country road just before dawn with a shotgun full of slugs and a Conservation Officer stops you, you are at least going to be investigated so that they can determine whether or not you are hunting without a license. This is another one of those situations where the officer will be looking at the totality of the circumstances and deciding whether to cite you or not.

The IC only forbids carrying a loaded & uncased long gun while on an ATV (unless you are carrying a handgun & an unlimited LTCH):

IC 14-16
    ARTICLE 16. REGULATION OF LAND RECREATION

<A name=IC14-16-1>IC 14-16-1
    Chapter 1. Off-Road Vehicles

IC 14-16-1-7
    "Vehicle" defined
    Sec. 7. As used in this chapter, "vehicle" refers to an off-road vehicle or a snowmobile.
    As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.186-2003, SEC.40.

IC 14-16-1-23
    Restrictions on operation
    Sec. 23. (a) An individual shall not operate a vehicle under any of the following conditions:
    (9) While transporting on or in the vehicle a firearm unless the firearm is:
    (A) unloaded; and
    (B) securely encased or equipped with and made inoperative by a manufactured keylocked trigger housing mechanism.
    (14) An individual shall not operate a vehicle while a bow is present in or on the vehicle if the nock of an arrow is in position on the string of the bow.
    (b) Subsection (a)(9) does not apply to a person who is carrying a handgun if the person:
    (1) has been issued an unlimited handgun license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2; or
    (2) is not required to possess a license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2-2.
    As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.181-1995, SEC.2; P.L.186-2003, SEC.50; P.L.219-2005, SEC.19.

Carrying in a vehicle that's not an ATV isn't a problem.

While on foot the restriction is you can't have a loaded firearm while "in the field" outside of legal hunting hours. I've searched the DNR IAC & the IC but I can't find the rule or law that says this, though. The hunting guide makes reference to it but only for muzzleloaders & archery equipment. Maybe that is from the "school of common knowledge" & we all know how correct that can be. If anybody can point me to the law/rule it would be appreciated.

Driving on a county road (before dawn or otherwise) with a loaded firearm isn't illegal, no matter what the CO thinks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In most cases, yes, Kirk, but correct me if I'm mistaken, I think such aminals as the Serbu Super Shorty or the KEG-12 are excluded.

No need to correct you, but remember even if you comply with the AoW and have the LTCH, you still need to comply with Jeremy's Silly Shotgun Doctrine and be as hot as Milla Jovovich.

And now . . . in support of my position, more pictures of Milla:

114.jpg

Thus, the test for carrying a silly shotgun is:

1. Compliance with NFA-AoW rules,
    2. Possession of valid LTCH (or another state's LTCH if out of state resident),
    3. and, be as hot as Milla Jovovich.

All three elements must be present.

RD3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I enjoy discussions and all but you should read the lastest revision of any law before you make a decision on what/how/when/where to carry any kind of gun. I'd hate to see someone standing before a judge saying "but your honor, someone on a gun talk forum told me it was ok". Not worth the risk.

Sure not saying don't discuss it, just know for sure before you carry

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I enjoy discussions and all but you should read the lastest revision of any law before you make a decision on what/how/when/where to carry any kind of gun. I'd hate to see someone standing before a judge saying "but your honor, someone on a gun talk forum told me it was ok". Not worth the risk.

Sure not saying don't discuss it, just know for sure before you carry
    Which is why you'll see numerous laws cited, even in this very thread.
    You'll find we are very good at citing laws here @ INGO.

Top Bottom