• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm thinking about putting a longer barrel in my G20SF and I've heard that lone wolf barrels are either the best or so close to it that most people wouldn't ever notice the difference. What I'm thinking about is getting the longest barrel I can for the added velocity, BUT...... can I go too far with this? They have a 6" stainless barrel that'll stick out roughly an inch, but they also have a 6 1/2" barrel that's threaded. The way I see if I was going to spend the extra money on a longer barrel I might as well get the longer of the two with the threaded barrel. I have no cans presently, and don't plan on buying one unless somehow Indiana starts to allow us to buy them over the counter without any class three paperwork.

In any case, what barrel should I be looking at for improved performance & accuracy?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've been waiting for the 6" bbl for the G20 to come into stock from LWD for quite a while now. I passed up buying one last fall when I had some extra cash thinking they'd have them later but they've been out of stock for a while now.

Unless you are going to eventually go suppressed, the non-threaded barrel is better as you don't have the thread cap to deal with and the slight extra barrel length isn't going to give an appreciable increase in velocity (20-30fps).

I've also been awaiting their long slide stripped 10mm uppers to come back into stock so I can finally build that rig I've been working on for the last year now.

Top Bottom