• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    I took my Glock 23 to the range today, put the Lone Wolf 40 to 9mm barrel in, ran 40 full metal rounds thru it , it ran perfect, then I put a mag of semi wadcutter reloads in , it would not run them at all, my friend put them in his Glock 19 and they ran perfect, any idea what went wrong, thanks for any input.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The LWD barrels are very tight, and all three of mine for my 10mm (G20,29_>.40 and G20 10mm 6.6") have had to be opened up .001-.002" to run reloads reliably.

I used a polishing wheel that fit snug in the chamber and jewelers rouge and would run it in and out a few times, then test fire. I kept doing that until they reliably run my reloads.

The good news there is that brass life with these barrels will be phenomenal.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    SWCs aren't the best feeders to begin with. If I recall correctly, the 9mm conversion bbls from Lone wolf aren't cut with the bore centered in the blank (to facilitate alignment with the ejector).

Thus, the 9mm mag isn't feeding into a bore that's dead center over the mag. When you add that additional misalignment to the challenge of feeding a SWC, it's not that surprising, imo.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If I recall correctly, the 9mm conversion bbls from Lone wolf aren't cut with the bore centered in the blank (to facilitate alignment with the ejector).

Thus, the 9mm mag isn't feeding into a bore that's dead center over the mag. When you add that additional misalignment to the challenge of feeding a SWC, it's not that surprising, imo.

:+1:

Ketchup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    +1 on both the above.

I have not had any problem with reloads in my KKM or StormLake 40 to 9mm conversion bbls.

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    Thanks for the tip shibumiseeker, used my flex shaft on the lone wolf barrel, took it to the range with nothing but reloads, ran 100 rounds thru it, it ran perfect, it is also very accurate, again thanks for the advise.

Top Bottom