• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My group landed in London today and took a tour of the city. The tour director pointed out with pride that their police officers did not carry guns. After our ordeal in Ghana (armed robbers attempted to attack our bus, without success) the students jumped all over this. He received several questions and then got upset when one of the students asked, "why"? He went around the world with an explanation that no one understood and then resulted to conclude with, "Well, it's like that and that's just the way it is!" I don't think he was attempting to quote Run DMC, but the students went on to sing the song. :laugh:

One of the students said, "I should walk up and slap one of their police officers. After all, what will he do?" I acted responsible and cautioned HER not to talk like that, but inside I was rolling. :laugh: Besides, she will be attending Cornell Med this fall -- after applying for her LTCH in Indiana, which sucks -- but, I don't want her to lose that opportunity for "slapping" an unarmed police offer. :D

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    From BBC reports, the cops that were following a shooter (12 killed, IIRC) had to abandon their chase because he pointed his weapon at them and the cops were not armed.

Top Bottom