• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I did not spend very much time in Korea, but my impression is that they do not mess around. Don't wait for your Miranda rights there.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    At first I was like :cool: Ok this is pretty normal repealing to get the president or someone to safety. Then I saw the real terror drills

and I was like this :n00b:

WTF is with south korea?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Of course they had to throw some TKD spinning kicks and strikes in. That stuff would be useless in real life.:):

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I lived in south korea for 6 years untill i was 8. I did 4 years of TKD over there... its serious stuff. I really enjoyed the country, miss the people and the food... i was bustin boards at 4 years old, but i didnt keep up with it in the states and lost it all...fun video

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The chick sporting the bow-tie and Beatles haircut that got smashed over the head, then proceeded to roundhouse that guy was my favorite part.

They were definitely well-trained...Now if they start using their training according to their environment, they will be badasses.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Having spent a year over there in 1988 during the Olympics, I can say they take security very seriously. I witnessed the aftermath after a ROK guard fell asleep at his post and his replacement slitting his throat for doing do. And another ROK guard checking I.D.'s on the bus and taking the butt of his rifle to the head of another ROK guard all because he did not have his I.D. Just a couple instances of how serious they are.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I lived in south korea for 6 years untill i was 8. I did 4 years of TKD over there... its serious stuff.
    TKD is very useful if you're ever attacked by a board or brick. It's very pretty though. There are far more lethal and effective martial arts, but hey, it's Korea so they have to showcase their national art.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Having spent a year over there in 1988 during the Olympics, I can say they take security very seriously. I witnessed the aftermath after a ROK guard fell asleep at his post and his replacement slitting his throat for doing do. And another ROK guard checking I.D.'s on the bus and taking the butt of his rifle to the head of another ROK guard all because he did not have his I.D. Just a couple instances of how serious they are.
    You say "serious," I say "out of control."

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    TKD is very useful if you're ever attacked by a board or brick. It's very pretty though. There are far more lethal and effective martial arts, but hey, it's Korea so they have to showcase their national art.

Yeah, like Krav Maga.

Just saying I dont think all those pretty flowing kicks will save them from a group like the Israeli special forces.

Top Bottom