• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Uh, that's not a debate we're allowed to have in 2016 Murrica.:coffee:

It's been decided, we are special little flowers, each born with a preprogrammed set of compulsions. There shall be no judging. There is no "normal".:bat:

I agree with one part of that statement. There is no normal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would suggest that if one wants to be treated as if they are something they are not, then they should have the opportunity.

Both men and women, regardless of their birth gender, should be in the Selective Service (or there should be NO Selective Service at all. Pick one)

If any laws are based on gender, then one should be subject to them based on one's selected gender.

If a man is taking hormones, they he most CERTAINLY should have a mammogram on occasion. Kinda the whole point, isn't it? Conversely, a woman taking testosterone should have more frequent heart scans. Duh.

A man that identifies as a woman should receive a 20+% pay cut. Conversely, a woman who identifies as a man should get a raise. One should be subject to all cultural norms, including the ones one does not like. Not everything is unicorns and rainbows for the "other" gender.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Correct. and women who have transitioned to men can use the men's room

like this fine gentlemen:
    View attachment 47124

What does james yeager have to do with this?

I agree with one part of that statement. There is no normal.

Yes there is. Normal is what 99% of the population is. Sorry but those are the facts. Wishing otherwise doesn't make it so.

Saying there is no normal to make yourself feel better is like a poor person saying money doesn't buy happiness.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    not really, just highlighting what I've been taught by the idiot left

what you are doing is illustrating why many people turn to the left to defend their social freedoms and civil liberties.

If an individuals actions do not infringe upon the rights of others then what's all the fuss? the left isn't saying you have to like it or even accept it, they are saying you should just ignore them and get on with your day.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    not really, just highlighting what I've been taught by the idiot left

No, you're not. You can't even get the left's position on this correct. You asserted in the first post in this thread that gender dysphoria is a choice.

When you come up with your own incorrect version of someone else's argument, and then attribute it to them, that's a strawman.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No, you're not. You can't even get the left's position on this correct. You asserted in the first post in this thread that gender dysphoria is a choice.

When you come up with your own incorrect version of someone else's argument, and then attribute it to them, that's a strawman.

Nope, not at all. I am discussing a genetic male living life as a female. A genetic male has the choice whether to dress like a male or a female and which lifestyle he wants to lead. One can argue whether he was born with a female gender identity or not, but bottom line is it's an active choice to live life as a male or a female. You are arguing that it is not, but really you are arguing that their FEELING like a man or a woman is not a choice, which is not what I'm talking about.

i am stipulating everything the left wants. I'm simply asking if a person has "become" the gender they want to be (and you'll say it's not about a want, it's about an "is", and I'll say that's not what I'm talking about) what other things does society need to do in order to treat them as the gender identity they are living.

i look at genetics and anatomy as gender, but am putting that aside for this discussion and then being ripped by people accusing me of confusing the two :facepalm:

yeesh.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    what you are doing is illustrating why many people turn to the left to defend their social freedoms and civil liberties.

If an individuals actions do not infringe upon the rights of others then what's all the fuss? the left isn't saying you have to like it or even accept it, they are saying you should just ignore them and get on with your day.

please. They left is WAAAAY more intrusive in how everyone lives their lives than the right. To suggest otherwise is an outright falsehood.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Need to get some "guys" to join women's sports in high school, college, the WNBA, etc. Title IX enforcement really should work to enable those rights as well.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Gender dysphoria is no longer the issue. It's gender choice now. I can wake up tomorrow and choose to be a woman and nothing can stop me. This will not go away. It won't be cheap. It opens up a whole new door for people to avoid living a real life.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    i am stipulating everything the left wants. I'm simply asking if a person has "become" the gender they want to be (and you'll say it's not about a want, it's about an "is", and I'll say that's not what I'm talking about) what other things does society need to do in order to treat them as the gender identity they are living.
    Then you would treat them the same as all the rest of that gender. What's so difficult about that?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Then you would treat them the same as all the rest of that gender. What's so difficult about that?

it's not difficult, this thread is about looking for other ways to appropriately treat them as their gender. Pudly brings up a good point.

perhaps a poor HS kid could identify as a woman and get a full ride to play women's basketball since he wasn't good enough to make the men's team. That could really open up opportunities for poorer children to attend college for a low cost. Who would possibly be against that? I heard the NCAA wants to use their bully pulpit to ensure transgendered people are not discriminated against.

page 7, there it is

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Transgender_Handbook_2011_Final.pdf

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    it's not difficult, this thread is about looking for other ways to appropriately treat them as their gender. Pudly brings up a good point.

perhaps a poor HS kid could identify as a woman and get a full ride to play women's basketball since he wasn't good enough to make the men's team. That could really open up opportunities for poorer children to attend college for a low cost. Who would possibly be against that? I heard the NCAA wants to use their bully pulpit to ensure transgendered people are not discriminated against.

If you insist that choice doesn't matter, then why do your scenarios keep starting with someone choosing a gender?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you insist that choice doesn't matter, then why do your scenarios keep starting with someone choosing a gender?

WHO CARES?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN A CERTAIN WAY OR CHOOSE TO BE. I AM INCLUDING EVERYONE, WHETHER BORN THAT WAY OR CHOOSES. Even as inclusive of everyone I am still wrong :facepalm:

are you saying it's impossible to as a 12yo believe you were born opposite your genetics and then later in life identify with your genetic gender?

if you were born that way, and lived that way, then changed when you were older, when were you wrong?

Last edited:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    WHO CARES?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE BORN A CERTAIN WAY OR CHOOSE TO BE. I AM INCLUDING EVERYONE, WHETHER BORN THAT WAY OR CHOOSES. Even as inclusive of everyone I am still wrong :facepalm:

obviously you do. like. a lot.

are you saying it's impossible to as a 12yo believe you were born opposite your genetics and then later in life identify with your genetic gender?

no that's not impossible. and it's that person's difficult path to walk. none of my business really.

(also that's why I would suggest to parents to not to seek gender reassignment surgery for their children. it's an adult decision that will follow them for the rest of their life. but to each their own)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Gender dysphoria is no longer the issue. It's gender choice now. I can wake up tomorrow and choose to be a woman and nothing can stop me. This will not go away. It won't be cheap. It opens up a whole new door for people to avoid living a real life.

Oh but gender is just a social construct, it's all in your head and none of it really exists! At least according to feminists.

While I find glorifying a crippling mental disorder, where one is unhappy with one's self, to be a nearly-inhuman thing to do, those trans folks hilariously deconstruct feminism in a big hurry.

I personally identify as a nearly extinct species, uncle sam, you need to steal this property from the banks and give it to me!

Top Bottom