• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Could probably weld or bolt a little loop on that would go through the hole in the latch, put a lock through that. What's your budget on time vs money?

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Could probably weld or bolt a little loop on that would go through the hole in the latch, put a lock through that. What's your budget on time vs money?

I'm more than capable of doing that, but i didn't know if there was something easier that I was not seeing. I think i'm going to drill a hole, use a bolt (big enough that i can drill a hole in for a lock), some washers, and a lock nut, and seal it up with some silicone.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just go to lowes and get something like this.
    c8d848ba.jpg

Would be a lot easier. You would just have to drill on hole.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just go to lowes and get something like this.

Would be a lot easier. You would just have to drill on hole.

They make locking mechanisms for Ammo cans that will lock it without having to drill a hole through the can, which would still leave it air and water tight.

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    i know at orscheln's they have stacks of the plastic plano ammo boxes for $4.99 they have a spot to put a padlock on them. If you already have cans though you can just order lock kits from cheaper than dirt.

Well looks like cheaper than dirt doesn't have em anymore but i did find this:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=97342

using the o rings should keep it sealed up good, although i would have probably used flat washers instead of the head of the hex bolts and nuts to seal better against the o rings.

Or if you don't want to drill holes in your can:

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com...rs/ammo-can-lock-a-3-piece-can-it-system.html

Last edited:

Yukon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    Gun safe is about the safest way I can think of although I will admit to keeping a generous amount in the cabinet in my bedroom.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a white metal medicine cabinet, repurposed for ammo. It probably had a red cross on it at some point. I found it at a garage sale, and it is truly perfect. I don't have it hanging on the wall, probably too heavy for that but it sits on my big gun safe just fine.

Top Bottom