• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This issue is going to come more to the forefront with gun sales reaching all time highs. It'll be interesting to see how much our cause is hurt by those naive to their responsibility to keep their weapons secured.

Food for thought;
    How many gun owners might decide to take matters into their own hands when their families are affected by other gun owners who failed to recognize, or even intentionally ignored, their responsibility?

So locking my house up is not enough? What if I have a cheap safe that is small and they pick it up and take my 8 guns that are in it? Who decides what is proper protection for my property that is locked up in my house?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This issue is going to come more to the forefront with gun sales reaching all time highs. It'll be interesting to see how much our cause is hurt by those naive to their responsibility to keep their weapons secured.

Food for thought;
    How many gun owners might decide to take matters into their own hands when their families are affected by other gun owners who failed to recognize, or even intentionally ignored, their responsibility?

Since a vault can be moved with a furniture cart, will you hurt the gun cause because you did not hire a security guard and sharks with lasers on their heads?

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yes, i have heard such stories over the years of people getting robbed, and oh, guess what got stollen, yep my gun. Could'nt agree more, if you are gonna have guns be prepared to take on the true responsibility... lock em up.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yes, i have heard such stories over the years of people getting robbed, and oh, guess what got stollen, yep my gun. Could'nt agree more, if you are gonna have guns be prepared to take on the true responsibility... lock em up.

Guess you've never heard of anyone getting their safe cut open?

If someone wants something bad enough, they're going to get it

Safes help with piddly robbers, but if someone cases your place and knows what he's doing, you're still screwed

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok, another note: Even if you have a gun locked with a cable lock in your house, I dont think thats good enough. A criminal or other person can still take your gun cut the lock off and now they have a gun. You must protect it when not within your care or on your person in a secured safe. In my opinion, I dont see responsible gun ownership any other way.
    Ok you want to protect your house at night with your gun, fine take it with you to bed. You get up in the morning and discover everything is ok, now lock that bad boy up or put it in your holster and take it with you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Guess you've never heard of anyone getting their safe cut open?

If someone wants something bad enough, they're going to get it

Safes help with piddly robbers, but if someone cases your place and knows what he's doing, you're still screwed

Actually, they usually steal it, and cut it open at their leisure.

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its gonna take some serious equipment to get into a safe. Im not saying it cant be done. But it will take some time. loud time. And robbers dont like to take much time. Plus to case your house... that takes time to, I dont know about you but I am observant and my neighbors are friendly and observant, and if they were'nt friendly I would still know whats going on. I grew up in a rough neighborhood and you know when something is not right. Regardless of if they do get in or not, would you rather have your guns sitting in your closet

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ok, another note: Even if you have a gun locked with a cable lock in your house, I dont think thats good enough. A criminal or other person can still take your gun cut the lock off and now they have a gun. You must protect it when not within your care or on your person in a secured safe. In my opinion, I dont see responsible gun ownership any other way.
    Ok you want to protect your house at night with your gun, fine take it with you to bed. You get up in the morning and discover everything is ok, now lock that bad boy up or put it in your holster and take it with you.
    Seriously? Do you realize how many guns some people have throughout their home, as in some cases every room. And it is your contention that if they do not put them in a safe they are irresponsible? I lock my home to keep people from stealing any of my stuff, but if someone breaks in and steals my TV, laptop and whatnot, it is my fault because I didnt lock it up enough times.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Its gonna take some serious equipment to get into a safe. Im not saying it cant be done. But it will take some time. loud time. And robbers dont like to take much time. Plus to case your house... that takes time to, I dont know about you but I am observant and my neighbors are friendly and observant, and if they were'nt friendly I would still know whats going on. I grew up in a rough neighborhood and you know when something is not right. Regardless of if they do get in or not, would you rather have your guns sitting in your closet
    I have seen allegedly good safes defeated with 2 large pry bars and not very much noise in less than 10 minutes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nobody steals a safe they don't know is there, the same as no one steals guns they don't know are there. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of security measures that are available.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have posted this story before but..
    I have a friend whose teenage son broke into a good size gun safe, drilled out the lock on the ammo box, loaded one of his dad's guns, and committed suicide with it.

I have told this story online in gun debates and had Liberals tell me the father was STILL responsible, and should be charged.

It makes me sad to see gun owners taking the anti-gunner's stance that WE are responsible when our guns are stolen. It's the same logic that blames all gun owners for thugs, rapists and murderers that use guns in crimes.

IMHO

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And im sure this will touch a nerve too, but do you really need a gun everywhere in your house? That's paranoia to me. I dont know what the statistic would be, but I would be willing to bet you are more likely to have an accidental shooting or theft that way.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And im sure this will touch a nerve too, but do you really need a gun everywhere in your house? That's paranoia to me. I dont know what the statistic would be, but I would be willing to bet you are more likely to have an accidental shooting or theft that way.
    Do you carry a gun? Do you carry it all the time? or most of the time?

What do I have to be paranoid about? I have a gun in every room of my house.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

May I suggest you do some research on your own, perhaps here on INGO, regarding the truth about gun statistics etc?

You are almost quoting verbatim the Liberal anti gun talking points that have no basis in truth..

BTW? Rights have nothing to do with NEEDS, because people define NEED differently. YOU may not "need" a gun in every room, but that does not give you the right to tell someone else what THEY need..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom