• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It started as a blog. She quickly gained a huge following on Facebook and is now developing it into a women's shooting/training group nationwide. She has certain stipulations for being an affiliated "local chapter."

My wife and I were going to bring one to the Indy area, but after talking with her and learning of these stipulations my wife wanted nothing to do with them as they are relatively discriminatory and sexist.

They wanted NO participation by male counterparts, not that that's a big deal all in itself but they wouldn't even let a male "lead" the local chapter. Being as that my wife didn't want to take on the responsibility I was going to take it on, but am not allowed because...well I'm obviously not a woman.

They also restricted participants by age. Only women, and women of at least 21 years old only. I explained to her that people can carry in our state at 18, but it didn't matter. It seemed to us that she was rather illprepared to start such an expansion and felt that by putting her name on it she would be liable for everything and therefore restricted to 21.

After learning of these two points, my wife gave the idea the axe and didn't want anything to do with them.

:twocents:

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Also, I was contacted by another lady in the Indy area who was interested in starting the local chapter. I explained all of this to her and she seemed to still be interested in putting SOME sort of women's shooting club together but didn't seem to care whether or not it was affiliated with TWAW. We emailed back and forth discussing ideas, and then she randomly stopped communicating with me.

From those conversations I know that my wife and I are still listed as "chapter leaders" on their website/database. At least we were when the other interested party contacted me. She may have gotten in touch with Carrie and taken it on, but I know I'm still getting their automated chapter leader emails.

So, there may be an existing Indy chapter by that other lady. :dunno:

Last edited:

gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    I would love to find something like this in Northern Indiana. I think it would be fun to get together with a bunch of women and even men and learn more about guns and do some shooting as well.

Top Bottom