• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Gun Permit"

Just show 'em your copy of the Constitution. If they demand a license, show the pink and say, "Why didn't you ask for that?"
    Finally got a reply concerning the email I sent. It reads:

Mr. Trisler,

Currently there's no city ordinance that prohibits you from carrying a firearm on the trail system, but you must have a valid gun permit to do so.

regards,

Stephon

Next email will ask when the sign will be amended to reflect current law.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Off of Range-line Road"

Can you narrow that down a bit? I'd like to carry there myself. EBG
    I got the same. Replied that's nice to know but we need the sign changed to avert a possible issue with other riders. Or those that have a license not knowing the SB292 makes it OK to carry anyway. Told him we need it changed!

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I am very interested in knowing about any town, county, township, etc. (i.e., political subdivision) that is still restricting the possession of firearms on its property. If you have any current examples of this (including "no firearms" signs in local government buildings or on local government property) - anywhere in the State of Indiana - would you please let me know?

Thanks!!

Guy

Guy... 'Better late than never'

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I am very interested in knowing about any town, county, township, etc. (i.e., political subdivision) that is still restricting the possession of firearms on its property. If you have any current examples of this (including "no firearms" signs in local government buildings or on local government property) - anywhere in the State of Indiana - would you please let me know?

Thanks!!

Guy

Guy.... "Better Late Than Never"
    I checked both Cicero Parks today. Neither have any mention of firearms. Both signs appear to be recently re-done, so apparently, they have paid attention. :yesway:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just received this email back asking when the sign will be changed.

As of right now there's no plan to change the signs. If a person has a permit there fine.

I guess the next step is to forward both emails to Guy

Edit: sent Guy an email with my emails and replies included. Ball's in his court now.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

As of right now there's no plan to change the signs. If a person has a permit there fine.

Edit: sent Guy an email with my emails and replies included. Ball's in his court now.

Did they REALLY use "there" instead of "they're?"

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Did they REALLY use "there" instead of "they're?"

Yes. I copied and pasted the reply. Technically, that is correct. "There is no plan."

Oh I see-- but still technically correct. He is saying "there" in the 2nd part of the statement as a place not as "they are". But I see how you could read it that way.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wal-Mart needs to tell the common council to go pound sand.
    Walmart needs to send the SB CC an invoice for billable hours from the Walmart legal department working to deal with this happy horseshot, along with a copy of IC 35-47-11.1-7(1)(B) (treble attorney's fees clause) and tell the Council to drop the issue entirely, or get ready to multiply that bill by 3 and have it come due immediately.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Yes. I copied and pasted the reply. Technically, that is correct. "There is no plan."

Oh I see-- but still technically correct. He is saying "there" in the 2nd part of the statement as a place not as "they are". But I see how you could read it that way.

So they are saying, "If a person has a permit there, fine."

IDK I read it like "If a person has a permit they are fine."

Whatever, I'm done being a grammar nazi for the day :D

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Just got back from the office of Code Enforcement. Since my last visit, they have removed the sign.

I was in this building today and the sign on the glass on the front doors is still there. There is also a hand written note posted at the officers desk next to the cashier.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was just told by a Highland softballfield supervisor I couod not display my weapon and that it was against town ordinance. I explained a town code didn't trump state law. They referred me to some sign to which I replied that doesn't hold the weight of law. My gf says just go put it in the car.... I says no.HPD may be responding

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Was just told by a Highland softballfield supervisor I couod not display my weapon and that it was against town ordinance. I explained a town code didn't trump state law. They referred me to some sign to which I replied that doesn't hold the weight of law. My gf says just go put it in the car.... I says no.HPD may be responding

Was his name Barney Fife???

Top Bottom