• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Banning military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines: Military-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines have no place on our streets. They are designed to kill large numbers of people quickly, and they have no other use in civilian hands.

LOL.

Military style weapons have been in common use since the Revolution. Military style weapons merit the highest of Constitutional protections.

But if you believe this, Mr. Mayor, (and I know you do not) then why are your police officers armed with them?

Mr. Mayor, turn them in. Disarm your police department at once. If you are man enough to be a man of your convictions and not just another gutless coward telling us what to do.

Today, even people with criminal records or with serious mental illness can and do buy assault weapons from unlicensed private sellers who don't conduct background checks.

A lie.

It is more than several felonies to do what is described.

From 1974 to 1998 all private sales of handguns in Indiana went through dealers. How many crimes did this prevent? Not a single one.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I don't know how much air time I and Sgt. DeYoung will get at 10 pm on WFFT, but we did a fairly extensive rebuttal interview this afternoon. Problem: facts tend to be poor ordnace for use against emotionally charged lies promolgated for political agendas.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is the second thread I have seen about this. I was not aware that Indiana had it's own "Chicago". I now know not to go anywhere near Ft Wayne.
    God have mercy on those poor INGOer's that live there.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If all the "local officials" were calling for was action on illegal guns, few if any would oppose them.

But what they're calling for is arbitrarily restricting perfectly legal guns owned by law-abiding citizens.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    This is the second thread I have seen about this. I was not aware that Indiana had it's own "Chicago". I now know not to go anywhere near Ft Wayne.
    God have mercy on those poor INGOer's that live there.

Not so.
    The Fort Wayne "ethos" is, largely pro-gun. However, the mayor, definitely, is not nor, or course, is the Police Chief. Sheriff Kenny Fries, on the other hand, is very pro gun. As with every other substantial metropolitan area, there are factions on each side.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not so.
    The Fort Wayne "ethos" is, largely pro-gun. However, the mayor, definitely, is not nor, or course, is the Police Chief. Sheriff Kenny Fries, on the other hand, is very pro gun. As with every other substantial metropolitan area, there are factions on each side.

Thanks for the clarification. I was getting a very negative view of Fort Wayne. Good to know its not truly represented by this one story.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I went to the MAIG site to check the current list of Mayors that are "Coalition Members". I see that the Mayor of Columbus has dropped off since I last viewed(did he lose or not run?).

The 6 cities that remain on the list: _ Angola _Bloomington _Fort Wayne _Gary _Linton _Muncie.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a winchester model 70 bolt action rifle with a bi-pod, similar to the bolt action sniper rifles used in the US military to engage, assault, and kill targets at long range... does that make my rifle an assault rifle?

If so... +1 for status upgrade! YAAA! :ar15::ar15::ar15:

GraceNGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I opted not to read any further than this:

Background checks are the only systematic way to stop felons, domestic abusers and other dangerous people from buying firearms.
    To what end. . . :dunno:

"Systematic" background checks warrants great pause. "Background checks" could entail a whole host of avenues, and "red" flags thrown, in order to potentially curtail a whole lotta (law-abiding) gun ownership. Color me cynical, albeit, such all-encompassing, knee-jerk statements cause my ears to perk up.

Who decides on the definition of "dangerous?"

Convicted felon. Check. Convicted abuser. Check. "Dangerous" people? Fill in the blank. :dunno:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    ...........I just wrote this responce to that newspaper>>>You who have no experiance in such matters as gun ownership OR what a person does whith them needs to shut up ,We use AR!%'s for competition,target & hunting All the time. I might have a high capacity [a bunch] magazine but You Mayor [& others like him] have a low capacity understanding of people that are differant[thank god] than yourself ,You have no clue,why dont you research [us]& resaerch how many times a day a gun saves a woman from rape,an old man from robbery & maybe murder,a car jacking attempt ect ect. what say you ? I invite you to my house ,to SEE why a person like me has a AR15 or an AK >>>>>>>>my responce to >> • Banning military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines: Military-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines have no place on our streets. They are designed to kill large numbers of people quickly, and they have no other use in civilian hands. Today, even people with criminal records or with serious mental illness can and do buy assault weapons from unlicensed private sellers who don't conduct background checks.

Top Bottom