• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Is it just my area or what? 56 back to back listings today from a single LGS for NIB items. Makes me never want to enter their shop, ever. 30-40 every single damn day.

Sure I can block the premium vendors, but then I miss out on other local shops deals/used listings.

Last edited:

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    If he gets 1 sale from those ads, then he got his job done. I'd do the same thing, post various guns I have for sale and if I sold ONLY 1 from those ads, it was still a success because I paid $0 in advertising fees.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Alright you explain to me how this is a free market issue, when all I'm saying it's an annoyance that this guy made 73% of today's Armlist postings with his MSRP shenanigans.
    With you 100% on this. I understand the free market and all...I prefer Armslist for private, person to person transactions. I wish the LGS would just stay out.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I don't like it either but you don't have to read everyone of them. Just click through the pages until you get back to individual sales and take a deep breath.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    With you 100% on this. I understand the free market and all...I prefer Armslist for private, person to person transactions. I wish the LGS would just stay out.

I agree with you guys also. Armslist should be for private sellers. For the LGS if they want to disagree that we don't like it then the LGS should work harder at making their websites better (if they even have one). It's called Marketing. Instead the LGS high jack Armslist with MSRP advertisements.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Takes me 2 seconds to scan through the extra page. Not worth the tiniest bit of worry or fuss. It's a free service to me, I expect advertising to pay for it.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I am sorry, but I do not see anything but good from more people, businesses listing more firearm choices, Just search for the firearm you are looking for skip the ones that are outside your range...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Alright you explain to me how this is a free market issue, when all I'm saying it's an annoyance that this guy made 73% of today's Armlist postings with his MSRP shenanigans.

If you don't see this as a free market issue, then you don't understand the free market.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I don't mind LGS's posting on armslist to an extent. I must agree it does kind of irk me when they post their entire inventory almost daily at close to MSRP.

If they want to highlight a good deal or show off some rare or desirable firearms I am fine. But the entire inventory on two pages? C'mon

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I just click the private party button. But sometimes, if I don't want to do a bunch of research and check a price, it's nice that it is available so that you can see what retail is, when lets say some guy has a Glock 30S out at $525 ( currently running) in the private party when I can buy a brand new one for the same or close to his price.
    I can't/won't keep up on what retail is for every firearm or accessory. I rarely look at the dealer listings, as I do not like to pay sales tax on top of full retail.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    While 30-40 post may be excessive I actually have found some deals from dealers in other states that I never would have found without them being on Armslist. I bought a CM9 brand new for $319 from a dealer in Florida. Even with a small shipping fee and transfer it was still quite a bit below what everyone else was selling them for at the time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Remember when you had to drive to the gun store to look at guns? Or purchase Shotgun News to see what out of area dealers had?

The huge PITA of having to click through 2 extra pages seems like a lot less of a PITA now, eh?

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    I agree with you guys also. Armslist should be for private sellers. For the LGS if they want to disagree that we don't like it then the LGS should work harder at making their websites better (if they even have one). It's called Marketing. Instead the LGS high jack Armslist with MSRP advertisements.

Sounds like you need to look 'marketing' up in the dictionary... Marketing is exactly what the LGS is doing when it posts on Armslist and free/low cost marketing is a huge blessing for small businesses.

Top Bottom