• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    As of this week, hunters have something new to worry about in addition to accidentally shooting each other and embarrassing themselves in public: Not being able to find any animals. At least that's the idea behind HIDE (Hunting Is Downright Evil), an anti-hunt group based in Minnesota that has been tranquilizing deer in popular hunting sites, painting them camouflage, and re-releasing them into the wild. According to HIDE President Jamie Drysdale, the group, which has more than 60 members in Minnesota and Wisconsin, are able to camouflage up to 12 deer a week, and hundreds of infuriated hunters have already submitted letters of complaint to their state governments. Here's a picture of a newly camouflaged buck from a hunting preserve in central Minnesota:
    cammodeer.jpg

Amazing. Anyway, HIDE, here's wishing you the best of luck confounding hunters around the country. I can't wait to see the bear pictures!

The PETA Files: Camouflage Deer?

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    live trap the peta idiots paint them pink. tape ,or otherwise, a cork screw to their hams and then tell SCUTTER it's open season on pigs. but thats just my slant on the situation :D:ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I thought that recently there was a lady in the news that was painting rabbits different colors that was in legal trouble for doing so? And PETA must be having a fit over this: Do we celebrate that we are keeping animals from being killed or do we yell and scream because of the psychological trauma of taking down the animal and spray painting it?

Also, what if this painting stuff messes up their natural rut? HIDE would be responsible for an unnatural reduction in wildlife population.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I seriously doubt they are doing this with the Minnesota DNR's approval. Deer often react very poorly to tranquilizing, plus the stress of being handled even under sedation. So I'll bet the DNR is out looking for the idiots tranqing deer and painting them.

I wonder if HIDE realizes whitetail deer shed their summer coat around September, though? Their camo job has about a month long shelf life.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    You know someone is going to come up with something where the paint is killing the deer. I cannot believe these people doing the painting are not being arrested.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Come on guys! Honestly, you know as well as I do their efforts are all in vain. Honestly, this will only effect the believers and those that practice the art of "IF it's Brown, It's Down"..:D

I personally like to identify my target before I bust it.;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This is where extremism starts to come into play. I'm betting the folks that came up with HIDE have forgotten what they are even fighting for. It is no longer about "Ethical Treatment of Animals" and now about full scale war against hunters, carnivors, and anyone else who doesn't seem to fit in with their ideology. Sounds a lot like some other groups we know that happen to be in D.C. at the moment.

Here's what really irks me the most about PETA.

If you look at the Human Body, its digestive system, and the way our teeth and mouth are set up, we are designed to be omnivors - i.e. we can eat both meat and vegetables.

I'm a Christian, and being so believe that God created us this way. Even to the evolutionist, it is clear that the human line did not evolve completely as herbavors, or else our mouths would be shaped differently, we might have a couple of stomachs like cows, and we probably wouldn't have such sharp incisors or canine teeth in our mouth.

This is where the line has continuously been moved and blured. I'm all for treating animals humanely (cock fighting, dog fighting, even hunting with incorrect weapons are all bad in my book) but going through with stunts like painting deer camo is just downright absurd.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm all for treating animals humanely (cock fighting, dog fighting, even hunting with incorrect weapons are all bad in my book) but going through with stunts like painting deer camo is just downright absurd.

I was with you until you said hunting with incorrect weapons...
    What does it matter whether I hunt down a dear with a rifle or a hatchet?
    Heck, I think it would be quite awesome and fun to hunt down a dear with a chainsaw.:):

Just think about how humane it is when a lion catches it's dinner.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How funny would it be to catch them with a tranq'd deer, just touching up the paint job,
    and you walk up and shoot, tag it and thank them?

Not sporting, mind you... but funny. :laugh6:

Top Bottom