• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Things have been pretty sporty in Richland County the last week or so. I was really looking forward to it week.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Quite honestly, the "oppressed" ought to embrace Live PD. It puts more onus on the police to behave properly. I actually think it has shown many professional police as well as the a$$ hat goon squad. But the guy that could get them to confess, he would say, "let me guess" and then Danny Brown and so many more that do their job well and treat the people humanely after a chase or whatever.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I would be surprised if they brought Live PD back. Now that Javier Ambler's death is getting more pub, and that Live PD filmed it, I don't see them going against the rage mob. It is a highly rated show though, so I guess we'll see.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    "Live PD" doesn't seem to be gone for good.
    A&E recently made the decision to stop airing "Live PD," a reality show following on-duty police officers, in the wake of George Floyd's death while in police custody. Floyd's death has sparked protests around the globe in opposition to police brutality against black people.
    NETFLIX, BBC PULL 'LITTLE BRITAIN,' 'COME FLY WITH ME' OVER BLACKFACE
    Similarly, Paramount Network pulled "Cops" from its air and later canceled the show altogether.
    Dan Abrams
    @danabrams

To all of you asking whether #LivePD coming back. . .The answer is yes. All of us associated with the show are as committed to it as ever. We are still discussing some specifics but I want to assure the #LivePDNation that we are not abandoning you.

7:52 PM - Jun 9, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

6,258 people are talking about this

Now, "Live PD" host Dan Abrams says that fans can expect to see the show again someday.
    "To all of you asking whether #LivePD [is] coming back... The answer is yes," said Abrams, 54, on Twitter on Tuesday. "All of us associated with the show are as committed to it as ever."
    FORMER 'VANDERPUMP RULES' STAR FAITH STOWERS FEELS 'VINDICATED' AFTER STASSI SCHROEDER, KRISTEN DOUTE FIRINGS
    Furthermore, he added: "We are still discussing some specifics but I want to assure the #LivePDNation that we are not abandoning you."

Dan-Abrams.jpg

Dan Abrams, host of "Live PD." (Photo by Noam Galai/Getty Images for HISTORY)

Shows like "Cops" and "Live PD" have faced backlash for highlighting officers that practice questionable behind-the-scenes behavior.
    A similar docuseries, "Cops" was canceled on Tuesday after 32 seasons. The show debuted on Fox in 1989 before relocating to the Paramount Network -- Spike TV at the time -- in 2013.
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    Reps for A&E did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

I had it on my desktop trying to put it in earlier.. So I copied and pasted the article for you to see it, instead of my paraphrasing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That show depicted a lot of good things police do. It also showed a pretty accurate picture of what really happens in LE instead of the sensationalism you see in the media. Now seems like the perfect time for such a show, but madness reigns.

Top Bottom