Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wouldn't order a whole pizza of it, but I'm with CM on this one. Maybe only one or two though. :dunno:

My 1st exposure to a Hawaiian pizza was in the late 80's doing an all night ordeal re-building one of the cars that had gotten a bit to close to the wall in the short shoot out of turn 3. Pizza's showed up from UJ's at midnight and we tore into them. 1 box was untouched save for 1 piece missing. Found it about 4:00 AM and just grabbed a piece. Pineapple ham and onions. Cheese of course but I have to admit I ate about half of the remaining pieces. Saved my life....:):

As an aside we put that car in the show the next day. Was it the Pizza.......:dunno:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My 1st exposure to a Hawaiian pizza was in the late 80's doing an all night ordeal re-building one of the cars that had gotten a bit to close to the wall in the short shoot out of turn 3. Pizza's showed up from UJ's at midnight and we tore into them. 1 box was untouched save for 1 piece missing. Found it about 4:00 AM and just grabbed a piece. Pineapple ham and onions. Cheese of course but I have to admit I ate about half of the remaining pieces. Saved my life....:):

As an aside we put that car in the show the next day. Was it the Pizza.......:dunno:

I have learned when working on race cars in the garage all night, no food is bad, and everything tastes better. Same way when you’re at the track working, anything tastes great and there are no leftovers.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I like it, just not a whole pizza of it. Same with Pizza Hut's Taco Pizza. I can have 1 or 2 slices and I'm ready for something else. And with the taco pizza it HAS to have the hot sauce/salsa with it. Otherwise it's a no go.

But if there is ever a gathering with lots of pizzas, and there is a Hawaiian pizza. I will always grab a slice.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have learned when working on race cars in the garage all night, no food is bad, and everything tastes better. Same way when you’re at the track working, anything tastes great and there are no leftovers.
    Spent a weekend up at Road America crewing for a friend. We lived on brats and old style beer the entire weekend. Just a small part of my misspent youth.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like it, just not a whole pizza of it. Same with Pizza Hut's Taco Pizza. I can have 1 or 2 slices and I'm ready for something else. And with the taco pizza it HAS to have the hot sauce/salsa with it. Otherwise it's a no go.

But if there is ever a gathering with lots of pizzas, and there is a Hawaiian pizza. I will always grab a slice.
    :wow: I am seeing a whole other side of you... and it isn't pretty.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Donato's used to do a Hawaiian pizza with Pineapple, ham, almonds, and cinnamon on it. Yum. When we had a Donato's close, I usually got myself a small Hawaiian Pizza.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I usually like a pizza with all the meats, and hot sauce. But sometimes Hawaiian isn't a bad choice, but the ham needs to be nice and salty to balance out the sweetness of the pineapple.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is the Covid, one of the symptoms is it turns you into a simpering idiot.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    old-man-holding-nose-myfnf.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A friend took me to a place in Toledo where they offered a Cheeseburger pizza. The sauce was ketchup & mustard. It had hamburger, pickles, and cheese on it.

It eas REALLY good too.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    that actually sounds pretty awful
    A friend took me to a place in Toledo where they offered a Cheeseburger pizza. The sauce was ketchup & mustard. It had hamburger, pickles, and cheese on it.

It eas REALLY good too.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

It eas REALLY good too.

My kid likes Mac n cheese pizza. Pizza crust with Mac n cheese on it.
    Don't know where he first had it, but he worked with me in S Illinois and had a pizza buffet place make one for him. Said they were going to add it to the menu.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't know where he first had it, but he worked with me in S Illinois and had a pizza buffet place make one for him. Said they were going to add it to the menu.
    We have Cici's Pizza down here (buffet place) and they have mac 'n cheese pizza. It's actually not bad.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

We have Cici's Pizza down here (buffet place) and they have mac 'n cheese pizza. It's actually not bad.

interesting... I've never heard of this one. I know a guy that would probably try it though... besides CM :stickpoke:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I usually like a pizza with all the meats, and hot sauce. But sometimes Hawaiian isn't a bad choice, but the ham needs to be nice and salty to balance out the sweetness of the pineapple.

I like all the meats, plus mushrooms. I'm not a huge pineapple fan, but a coworker orders pizza with pineapple, pepperoni and green peppers, and it's actually not too bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom