• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Same. That was part of my 85 lbs lost on keto. Im trying to get back at it after taking a cheat year for covid. :D
    I just came off a six week "trial run" on Ozempic because my weight was a runaway train in the wrong direction...dropped 15 pounds in that period. Covid destroyed my will power lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Exactly. Ghee has a slightly nutty flavor and a darker color from the caramelized milk solids. Many folks use ghee and clarified butter interchangeably, but they are not the same. IMO, the bulk jars of store-bought ghee are closer to clarified butter.
    Makes sense. Ghee requires extra time and effort. Time=money so its cheaper to sell poorly roasted(?) butter as Ghee than to actually take the time to do it right. Especially when many people dont know the difference.

Kinda like aged bourbons vs regular. Most people cant tell the difference between a straight up $30 bottle of Knob Creek (9 years) and a quality 20 year bourbon. *raises hand*. (OK, I can tell the difference, but I truly dont appreciate it because it just tastes different (not better) so I dont waste my $$)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now that we have worked our way through Kut distracting us from pineapple pizza, then got derailed with eating Dongs, I have a new favorite and an observation after getting a snack from the station in Butler.

My new favorite ice cream:

20210630_233317.jpg

This was my first encounter with a product of the Hudsonville Creamery of Holland, Michigan. I don't claim to be a connoisseur of ice cream, but this just hit the spot in a way that the usual doesn't.

I also noticed that the station apparently wants to be more like Big Red!

20210630_234403.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That ice cream reminds me of my childhood. Mom's favorite candy is Cherry Cordials. I forget the brand, but back in the 90s they had a cherry cordial ice cream that was amazing. Vanilla ice cream with maraschino cherries and bits of chocolate mixed in. Soooooo good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Now that we have worked our way through Kut distracting us from pineapple pizza, then got derailed with eating Dongs, I have a new favorite and an observation after getting a snack from the station in Butler.

My new favorite ice cream:

View attachment 146385

This was my first encounter with a product of the Hudsonville Creamery of Holland, Michigan. I don't claim to be a connoisseur of ice cream, but this just hit the spot in a way that the usual doesn't.

I also noticed that the station apparently wants to be more like Big Red!

View attachment 146386
    Speaking of Big Red, Faygo has a flavor called 'Rock-n-Rye". Think 50/50 of root beer and red pop. I did some research and it was apparently created during prohibition. There was an alcoholic drink called Rock n rye. Since it was illegal, Faygo produced the pop under the same name.

I don't drink much pop, but when I do, I love Rock n rye (diet of course).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exactly. Ghee has a slightly nutty flavor and a darker color from the caramelized milk solids. Many folks use ghee and clarified butter interchangeably, but they are not the same. IMO, the bulk jars of store-bought ghee are closer to clarified butter.
    I'm a dirty keto guy. Same with my ghee.

Cheap butter, steamed 12 minutes in the instant pot. Then ladled off, into jars to sit on the shelf.

After the plain black first cup, all the coffee gets a dab of ghee, coconut oil and sprinkle of salt.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of Big Red, Faygo has a flavor called 'Rock-n-Rye". Think 50/50 of root beer and red pop. I did some research and it was apparently created during prohibition. There was an alcoholic drink called Rock n rye. Since it was illegal, Faygo produced the pop under the same name.

I don't drink much pop, but when I do, I love Rock n rye (diet of course).
    I remember Dad having a bottle of liquor called Rock and Rye in his liquor cabinet when I was growing up. It was Rye whiskey with a stick (or two) of rock candy in the bottle. Tasted nasty to me!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I remember Dad having a bottle of liquor called Rock and Rye in his liquor cabinet when I was growing up. It was Rye whiskey with a stick (or two) of rock candy in the bottle. Tasted nasty to me!
    That stuff is awesome. Have some

Tried it at the Rod and Gun Club north of Terre Haute. A fascinating place.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    The other King Gyro in Indy is good (been a couple of years since I've been there due to pandemic). That said I've never had lamb or a gyro there (I don't like Greek food), only had their Big Baby double cheeseburger, which is very good.
    King Gyro in Moorseville is where we go for a Gyro dinner. It is usually enough for dinner and lunch the next day. Yum.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    During my stint south of the border I was introduced to cajeta, which people used for everything from sandwiches to coffee. It was pretty good actually and I brought some back for a while but the gardener didn't like it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    King Gyro in Mooresville is currently closed do to a number of issues, management, staff and health code violations.
    Yep. Last time I was in there (mid covid, though this would obviously be unacceptable anytime), there was a lady (friend of employee, not customer as far as I could tell) at the counter hacking up a lung. No mask, and making zero effort to even cover her mouth. The lady actually working was kind enough to grab a dry paper towel to wipe up the wads of lung butter the other had coughed onto the counter before attempting to take my order.

I left and have not returned since. Sucks because I absolutely loved the place when they first opened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom