Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys wanna head to the meet and eat below in NWI, I'll buy ya some burgers.

Brother I just did that 5+ hour turn around on Sunday....:):

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I don’t think your type is who he was referring to. I think he’s talking about the guys who join and head straight to the classies ASAP never to be seen or heard from again.
    That's the problem with internet dialogs, it is difficult to tie everything together.

I understood what @churchmouse was referring to, but his post directly quoted @kickbacked who specifically said, "anyone else notice a lot of plinkers posting lately that have like 3-4 years old accounts? You guys been hoarding accounts as well as ammo?" and I understand that post was probably in jest...maybe?...okay, I have no clue. :ugh:

Point is my comment about generalizations stemmed from the quote of that post. Plus, I was not upset, just trying to make an obtuse point. Obviously, I failed.

So, before someone jumps down my throat about this post, still not upset about anything. At this point I am just trying to clarify. I appreciate the responses and clarifications, but obviously I did a poor job of clarifying what I was trying to say.

Thanks and let's move on to more interesting stuff. :horse:

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    And after the mess I just referred to, if you guys ever come to the wilds of southwest Indiana I will buy peppercheese burgers and cold beer at the Nesbit Inn. I might even spring for a cup of rib gumbo to go with it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is the problem with generalizations. I respect the heck out of what you and the rest of the mods do and I know it is especially tough in these times when you have all kinds of crazies running amok.

But, I fit that general description perfectly. Have had an account for 4-5 years and have less than 300 posts. I have also never listed or attempted to purchase anything in the classifieds.

Wait, I take that back. I did interact with another member who is in my area to discuss a gun he had listed, but the timing just wasn't right for me and he had another buyer. We both walked away okay with our interaction.

But I really don't think it is fair to paint us all as just trying to make a fast buck. I enjoy the conversations, some of the characters (and we have some real characters) and the information that flows through here. Not all of us are here to run up a high post count. We just enjoy what INGO has to offer, but we may not necessarily feel we have a lot to contribute.

And that is probably more than I have written since I have been on here.

Thanks for listening.
    But WS, you do realize members CAN look at your posting history and make a general determination if you're here for the bright shiny, or if you're a low volume poster that mostly lurks.

It's not a generalization when you can see what a poster has done in the past and the frequency at which they do post.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    That's the problem with internet dialogs, it is difficult to tie everything together.

I understood what @churchmouse was referring to, but his post directly quoted @kickbacked who specifically said, "anyone else notice a lot of plinkers posting lately that have like 3-4 years old accounts? You guys been hoarding accounts as well as ammo?" and I understand that post was probably in jest...maybe?...okay, I have no clue
    100% you fit the bill by my post. I’m not saying you’re here for the classifieds. It was just an observational joke. But I don’t think it is crazy to wonder why now there seems to be an influx of older low post accounts. Anyways I’m happy to see you’re engaged with conversation here. I myself take periods of time away from the site.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As one of the low post members that only pops in to read on occasion, I feel for the rest of us guys that lurk more than post.

As someone that is not on here often, I do recognize WS as someone that chimes in occasionally when he/she (it is not obvious from your avatar) feels he/she has something to add to the conversation.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That's what the band said!
    On Bob and Tom they other morning they played an excerpt of an interview with Joe Walsh. In the interview Joe was recounting a conversation he had with Ozzie about touring together. Joe said he honestly didn't remember the tour but it must have been true because he had copies of the tour posters! :rockwoot:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Mad Ants ain't too bad. At least the one in Warsaw.
    There's a new Shigs in Pit (BBQ Joint owned by Mad Anthony's) that Fitbit says is a 0.9 mile walk from Chez Oze. But until the patio reopens, I'd have to sneak out to eat anywhere. Mrs. Oze is a major sufferer of covid paranoia.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom