Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am wondering what happened to his alternator and small motor repair shop. I believe he worked on Genny's as well. Or so he stated.
    Then he had a Gunsmithing shop. Then he was a Covid needed employee.

I am lost in the maze.

I have done a lot of different things in this life but I can back up about every claim I have made.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Enough of the thread-jacking about hammers... back to the bacon.

Kroger thick cut was satisfying, nicely done, just a tab over-cured for my tastes... still taking notes. (and apparently, now only Rulers in Evansville, no true Krogers)

The GFS is un-opened as yet, but the cut looks very good, good looking thick cut slabs. Hoping for a good value versus the gold benchmark, Omaha's Steak Cut bacon. Can't wait.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's not bacon, but I made pancetta. It was my first try and it came out way too salty. I've been putting small amounts in dishes and soups; that makes it salty enough.

I cured it in the vault - so yeah, hanging meat right next to the guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, according to his previous posting history, he's living in his bunker in a hillside, surrounded by Nazis and white supremacists and will draw down on anyone walking up to his "business" that he runs out of said bunker. :nuts:

Guy rants about being surrounded by nazis and wanting to issue hunting permits to go after MAGA's... supposedly has NFA items...
    He sounds like the type of raving psychotic he has said he wants to keep guns away from.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Kroger thick cut was satisfying, nicely done, just a tab over-cured for my tastes... still taking notes. (and apparently, now only Rulers in Evansville, no true Krogers)

The GFS is un-opened as yet, but the cut looks very good, good looking thick cut slabs. Hoping for a good value versus the gold benchmark, Omaha's Steak Cut bacon. Can't wait.
    You've used less than 3 #sof bacon in a week?

What are you, some kind of MDA-ETFGC-Brady bunch-Giffords group kinda guy.

BAN hatinsince87 and Sheepdog4life!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You've used less than 3 #sof bacon in a week?

What are you, some kind of MDA-ETFGC-Brady bunch-Giffords group kinda guy.

BAN hatinsince87 and Sheepdog4life!
    That was my first thought as well.

Recently on the book of faces my step sister had one of those memory posts from several years ago. Seems her son didn't like bacon at the tender age of 8. I took some small solace in knowing that although he's a relative he's not a BLOOD relative. Still though I had to ask if they'd had him tested? She let me know that it was an extremely short lived phase and he can now eat anybody under the proverbial bacon encrusted table.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Did you buy the prepackaged Kroger bacon or the stuff in the butcher case? Huge difference.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I am wondering what happened to his alternator and small motor repair shop. I believe he worked on Genny's as well. Or so he stated.
    Then he had a Gunsmithing shop. Then he was a Covid needed employee.

I am lost in the maze.

I have done a lot of different things in this life but I can back up about every claim I have made.
    Then he owned his own machine shop and needs a TWIC to deliver the stuff his shop puts out to places that require it. Like military bases, prisons, and ports. So he also does his own truck driving to deliver the truck loads of whatever it is he makes.

Lol.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That's what I was wondering... pre-packaged Kroger brand. There isn't a butcher's case at the Ruler stores... and no legit full blown Kroger in town. :(
    Maybe try to find a Jaycee store, they’re the same as Kroger. But yeah, the stuff in the butcher department is way better than the packaged stuff, and the package stuff ain’t bad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe try to find a Jaycee store, they’re the same as Kroger. But yeah, the stuff in the butcher department is way better than the packaged stuff, and the package stuff ain’t bad.
    I've had good luck with the Kroger packaged stuff - mostly - but I just finished off a pack that was horrible. 12" strips would shrink up to like 3". And no, they weren't in a cold swimming pool! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom