Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow! 30 days to figure out how to get banned permanently.

Bread and water only? It's not gonna stop him.

30 day? :faint:

How will we know what to think about things for that long?

Is this really necessary? You're speaking of him as though he was a spammer or a troll. We have plenty of those still around. Jarrell, on the other hand, actually engages in conversation and logical thought. You may disagree with his politics, but why not wait until he's back to throw the insults at him? It's pretty easy to do when they aren't around to respond.

Just a dogpile thread.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is this really necessary? You're speaking of him as though he was a spammer or a troll. We have plenty of those still around. Jarrell, on the other hand, actually engages in conversation and logical thought. You may disagree with his politics, but why not wait until he's back to throw the insults at him? It's pretty easy to do when they aren't around to respond.

Just a dogpile thread.

Similar comments are made all the time when he is here. Where have you been?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I remember all the times MRJ was kind to others. Oh! No I do not.

To give him his due, MrJ did venture into other forum areas other than the political ones on occasion.
    If you stayed out of the politics sections you wouldn't think he was the same poster. :twocents:

Maybe problematic posters should be banned from specific forums and not others?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fellas, Mr J has a list of infractions for content etc.
    He has pushed the boundary's consistently and stepped over them repeatedly.
    His name is always a topic with the staff.
    I tried to see the positive in his membership here as there is/was.

Stepping across the line as often as he did ends the way that this did. There was talk of a ban on a few other occasions and this situation just pushed it to far.
    I know myself and many others on staff take no pleasure in using the hammer. We each and every one add something to this forum. Some more than others.
    We need the opposing arguments to keep the discussion real.
    Myself I miss the Duck, Rambone and a few others. Even in disagreement with them I still was made to look at things from another angle. In that my views/opinions do get altered in some way.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just a dogpile thread.

I don't think MrJ is a spammer or a troll. He just seems to have contempt for people who don't believe what he believes. Why else does he go off on Spaghetti Monster rants? I don't reply negatively towards him when he engages in real conversation and logical thought. In those instances I often agree with him. I've joined his side on several issues. But it's the snide commentary that prompts others, including me, to respond negatively to him.

As for discussing him in this thread, I just see that as a big "meh". To me it's not a dogpile. People are just sharing what they think about it. Like him or not, he's been a prominent part of INGO. People are gonna talk when someone like that gets temp-banned. I don't really think it's a big deal. In fact, I might just get myself banned so I can watch you guys talk about me. You would talk about me. Right? RIGHT??

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    As for discussing him in this thread, I just see that as a big "meh". To me it's not a dogpile. People are just sharing what they think about it. Like him or not, he's been a prominent part of INGO. People are gonna talk when someone like that gets temp-banned. I don't really think it's a big deal. In fact, I might just get myself banned so I can watch you guys talk about me. You would talk about me. Right? RIGHT??

Jamil who???

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Fellas, Mr J has a list of infractions for content etc.
    He has pushed the boundary's consistently and stepped over them repeatedly.
    His name is always a topic with the staff.
    I tried to see the positive in his membership here as there is/was.

Stepping across the line as often as he did ends the way that this did. There was talk of a ban on a few other occasions and this situation just pushed it to far.
    I know myself and many others on staff take no pleasure in using the hammer. We each and every one add something to this forum. Some more than others.
    We need the opposing arguments to keep the discussion real.
    Myself I miss the Duck, Rambone and a few others. Even in disagreement with them I still was made to look at things from another angle. In that my views/opinions
    do get altered in some way.

Hey, I'm still here! But I'm actually nice.

Kut (listens for the moans)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom