• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Where to shoot in Evansville now that strictly shooting is gone? I know that there is a Westside Sportsmans Club but its a private club. I know most clubs like that you need one or two members to vouch for you to join. I tried checking the site but it was down.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm looking for any information on a range in North West IN that rents shotguns for use on their range. We're considering one for home defense and want to do some research on how they handle

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    I work in Indiana a lot. Is there any way to know which ones are public?
    I can tell you that the one at Roush lake in Huntington is DNR run. $4.00 to shoot all day compared to some of the public/private ones that are often $8 per hour. Love the place. Range Master is on great.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I agree. I've lived in Martinsville my whole life, and always end up shooting on someone's property. I do work in Indianapolis, so I'm thinking about going over to the Beech Grove Firearms or the Indy Trading Post at lunch one day just to try them out. The rates are decent, you do have to buy their ammo I believe.

Have you guys never heard of Martinsville Sportsman and Conservation Club? By far the best outdoor range I have ever been to. Never crowded, clean, and plenty of shooting bays. They even have a 300 yard rifle range they just opened!

Granted, membership is hard to come by, but at $150 a year it aint bad at all.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Have you guys never heard of Martinsville Sportsman and Conservation Club? By far the best outdoor range I have ever been to. Never crowded, clean, and plenty of shooting bays. They even have a 300 yard rifle range they just opened!

Granted, membership is hard to come by, but at $150 a year it ain't bad at all.
    ==================================================================================================

Actually, $150 is the total cost for a first year member, of which $50 is the cost of the re-usable electronic gate card. If that same member renews by Dec. 24th cut off, renewal rate is just $100 per year...and that covers husband, wife and kids under 18 in the same household...a very good deal indeed! Renewal membership forms will be mailed out shortly after our Nov. 6th board mtg. where we stuff 500 envelopes! Those existing members must have their renewals and checks received by our membership/financial man by Dec. 24th....otherwise their spot becomes a "newbie" spot on Jan. 1. More details regarding new membership availability and process will be posted on our website around Dec. 1 and number of openings available Jan. 1 will be posted on the website just after Christmas so folks can gauge whether it's worth the effort to wait in line Jan 1.

Again, check our website Home - Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club around Dec. 1 for membership details.

Cheers,
    Roger (VP for the Board of the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club)

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    ==================================================================================================

Actually, $150 is the total cost for a first year member, of which $50 is the cost of the re-usable electronic gate card. If that same member renews by Dec. 24th cut off, renewal rate is just $100 per year...and that covers husband, wife and kids under 18 in the same household...a very good deal indeed! Renewal membership forms will be mailed out shortly after our Nov. 6th board mtg. where we stuff 500 envelopes! Those existing members must have their renewals and checks received by our membership/financial man by Dec. 24th....otherwise their spot becomes a "newbie" spot on Jan. 1. More details regarding new membership availability and process will be posted on our website around Dec. 1 and number of openings available Jan. 1 will be posted on the website just after Christmas so folks can gauge whether it's worth the effort to wait in line Jan 1.

Again, check our website Home - Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club around Dec. 1 for membership details.

Cheers,
    Roger (VP for the Board of the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club)

That's right, I forgot about that, as I just had my dad's membership transferred to me (I'm sure you remember our email conversations). Although I didn't have to do the camp out overnight last year, I think I will camp out with my buddy while he gets his membership this year.

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    public range on the north side of Indy, Carmel, Noblesville

Anybody recommend a public range on the north side of Indy, Carmel, Noblesville, ect?
    -
    Both Hamilton County Fish & Game & Fox Prairie are just North of Noblesville.

HCFG is a member only range. I was HCFG member for years but discontinued as the continuing requirement to attend events (regardless of participation), ongoing and ever increasing "safety" meeting requirements (most of which go without notification and many of which become revenue generating), and miserable communication was frustrating. The gate (when it works) code is changed frequently so you have to make sure before you drive all the way out there that you know what it is...getting a hold of someone is challenging. It's run like someone's personal private club (according their schedule and desires)...with other let in to absorb the costs...
    http://www.hcfg.org/

Fox Prairie is an hourly registration and appointment only range from what I can tell. I have not yet been there but the website seems to suggest affordable/cheap rates...although getting a response from the owner has been hit or miss when trying to access the range.
    http://www.foxprairiegunclub.com/
    Cost: 20$ /per person per hour.
    Children under the age of 18 are free – Must be accompanied and closely supervised by an adult.
    Payment Method: Cash or personal check, sorry no credit / debit cards
    Hours of Operation: Winter Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM November 1st – March 31st.
    Spring/Summer Hours: 9 AM – 8 PM April 1st – September 30th.
    Fall Hours: 9 AM – 7 PM October 1st – 31st.

Westfield has a new indoor range- Tim's Shooting Academy. I have been there but have not shot there. It seems to be really expensive.
    http://timsshootingacademy.com/

Last edited:

AKMSU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Westfield
    Additionally for 7.62 & 5.56 they require you buy all ammo from them....A quick hour can add up really fast

I have been looking into Atlanta, just curious if they allow rifles, I did not see anything on their website, All I could find is no Rifle caliber machine guns :(

[STRIKE]Any idea what their hourly rate is for the range?[/STRIKE]

Nevermind I found it... $27 for an hour? I miss BGF more and more every day...

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Just wanted to throw it out there. My second job is at the new Shoot To Thrill Range in Goshen, IN for anyone in the Northern part of the state looking for a great brand new facility with the best filtration system built in Indiana. Honestly, the owner built the air system to a degree that many would say is excessive but the customers love it. Numbers are steadily growing as traditional shooters of other ranges make their way to STT and see first hand the difference. It's worth checking out if you are in the area. Competitive pricing, open to public and are lead approved (YOU CAN LEGALLY SHOOT RELOADS HERE through your guns). Shoot To Thrill Inc Shooting Range has all the basic information but you'll quickly realize STT is about being professional, clean and safe above everything else.

Located at:
    713 E Lincoln Avenue
    Goshen, IN 46528
    574-534-7500

Jim920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    New Paris
    I shot at STT for the first time last week and i was impressed with everything about it. They earned themselves a new customer.
    Jim

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The new Point Blank range in Carmel is planning for a January grand opening.

Point Blank in Carmel opened May 1... indoor range & gunshop... plus I haven't seen so much 22lr (Rem Thunderbolt) in one place in over 3-4 years! While they're celebrating their Grand Opening (til ??) a box of 500 is $29.99, (in case you need help with the math, that's 6 cents a round!!) They have cases of 5000 stacked up 3 feet at that price! Awesome! I bought plenty this past Sat (5-16). Check out the link for info. They are a chain with several stores/ranges in Ohio and Kentucky.

Last edited:

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    So what's going on with Beech Grove Firearms range? I called the other day and they said they still haven't settled with the insurance company. Something's not right here.

Top Bottom