1493 W 500 North
    Winemac IN 46996

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    I just read through my Facebook where a gun shop in Gas City Indiana (In-laws & Outlaws) is expected to open a new indoor shooting range located in Gas City, Indiana (Grant Co.) in hopefully as soon as June. It sounds so far like they will offer memberships, but also be open to the public. I'll post more details as available, and maybe others know more about this than I do and will post updates as well.

Sirindu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just wanted to throw up a shout out for Beech Grove Firearms. They have a very nice indoor range with good hourly stall rates. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and generous staff. I was there on a Wednesday night and counted no less than 7 employees. Seemed family-run with just a wonderful vibe to the place. A very nice store in the front as well.

Beech Grove Firearms
    3020 S. Emerson Ave., Beech Grove, IN 46107
    317 791-2725

(Beech Grove is in the southeastern quarter of Indianapolis)

Pohaku

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    In the middle
    I'm in the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis. Any cheap ranges in this area or about? Also, is there that big a difference between public and private ranges? Pros and cons?

nickatnight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Highsmiths shop in Greenfield is open to the public. But the nicest range I've ever been to is the Fayette County Rifle and Pistol Club at Robert's Park in Connersville. It is private, but is only $40 per year (how much does one hour cost anywhere) and requires an NRA membership. It is an awsome range for pistols and rifles. It is outdoors and very clean.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    One of the pawn shops in Marion have put an indoor range in. I've seen the setup and it's not bad at all. I'll post all the details as soon as it opens the range to the public.

Long Rider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    Franklin
    I seen in the DNR website that The range at Crosley was closed for repairs. Does any know when it may reopen

I called them last week. The hoped to have it opened by the end of April, but weather has been delaying it. They said it will be open as soon as possible. Might be the middle of May.

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Bad- I have been a member of HCFG (Hamilton County Fish & Game) for a couple years. Decided to let my membership lapse. Their requirements for attending events, labor on site and paid mandatory safety class got to be too much to manage. Honestly thought they increased the safety class requirements so the members (some on the board) could make some $ on the side. The communication of the newly created requirements was shotty and most of the items that I discovered was by accident. Access to the range is suspect as they haven't managed to get the newly installed fence working effectively 90-100%.

Good- They have done a lot of work to create distinct shooting lanes which does add to the overall safety of the once "open" lanes but they were mere mud puddles for most of last year and out of action because of the mess.

Overall- it appears to be a handful of members trying to create a "private" club for a select number of individuals. It is nice and safe (which is important) but not a place to be a member if you don't want to be required to spend 7-8 weekends just doing their stuff...not to mention having time to do what you joined for...

deedubbadoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Martinsville
    I am in Martinsville and cant believe there is not on near here.

I agree. I've lived in Martinsville my whole life, and always end up shooting on someone's property. I do work in Indianapolis, so I'm thinking about going over to the Beech Grove Firearms or the Indy Trading Post at lunch one day just to try them out. The rates are decent, you do have to buy their ammo I believe.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Are there any other ranges around Crawfordsville besides Crawfordsville gun club and Waveland Gun Club? Looking for a rifle/pistol range, outdoor, hopefully at least 200 yards.

Top Bottom