• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been thinking about going out to the marion county range ... anyone been there and have any reviews on it? Thanks in advance. :)

I'll be going to the March meeting. I haven't been there yet but some nights it sounds like WWIII going on out there. :):
    I'll be looking to do some trap shooting. Maybe I'll see you there.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Anybody know of any nar Fremont, IN ?
    Angola Conservation Club behind the American Legion on US20 west of Angola. $35 a year for new members, $25 a year to renew. 100(+) yard rifle range, 3 or 4 25 yard pistol lanes isolated with big dirt berms. Nothing fancy, but well maintained, don't leave a mess. Usually a nice stack of old pallets there to staple your targets to. I've been shooting there since 1985.

rt3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    What about north Indy that allows for 7.62x39? No pops guns or dons, I am familiar with them. Thanks for any help.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Does anyone know of any place in or within a reasonable driving distance of Indy that allows you to shoot up to 300 yds?

Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club is probably your best bet. Others may chime in with better options. It is a private club (I've been there but I'm not a member.) Awesome range. Just West of 65 an exit past Lafayette.

sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    Wilbur Wright FWA 2239 N SR 103 New Castle IN 47362, Just letting you know this is one of the best ranges ive been to, it has 25yrd(pistols), 50yrd(rifles) and shotgun area, the best part it is free to shoot there

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    The range at Atterbury is nice, and I know the workers have to be vigilant, but do they have to be such asses? You go there and give them your money, and they talk to you very rudely, you would thing a little polite customer service would be in order since you are giving them money.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Atterbury is my favorite place to shoot. The attention to safety shown by Buzz, Erik, and Frank is why my 15-year-old daughter and my wife both feel comfortable and safe there. I've stood in the office and talked to Erik and watched him greet customers; both those whom he knows and new folks. Everybody from experienced shooters all the way down the line to foreign college students from IU. Never seen him be anything but courteous and welcoming.

Out on the line, Buzz and Frank take their jobs seriously. The only times I've seem them get loud and hard is when they need to.... when some idiot is violating the posted safety procedures and putting me (and my wife and my daughter and every other person on the line) at risk. That's what I give them my money for.

Maxsec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    I've also been to Atterbury several times and I haven't seen any of the workers on the range yelling at anyone either. Now, are they courteous and polite to the customers at the range? No, they aren't. To me they act as though they are cops. Not that all cops are bad, but far too many are @ssholes.

When they find somoeone who isn't doing something they like, instead of politely telling the person what he/she is doing wrong, as you would do to a paying customer, they come around with a chip on their shoulder and tell them in a demeaning manner what they are doing wrong. There is absolutely nothing friendly or courteous about their behavior when they do this.

This is fine if this is the way they want to run their business, it's their business afterall. It's just not the business model that succesfull buisness uses, and will cost them in the long run. But hey, that chip on their shoulders will still be intack.:ar15:

samsdad42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Is the Atterburry range privet or was it built with tax dollars? If enough of us complained to the state do you think some changes would be made. I HATE the $6.00 per hour. 4hr=24bucks plus $4,00 gas makes it unaffordable for me.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've also been to Atterbury several times and I haven't seen any of the workers on the range yelling at anyone either. Now, are they courteous and polite to the customers at the range? No, they aren't. To me they act as though they are cops. Not that all cops are bad, but far too many are @ssholes.

When they find somoeone who isn't doing something they like, instead of politely telling the person what he/she is doing wrong, as you would do to a paying customer, they come around with a chip on their shoulder and tell them in a demeaning manner what they are doing wrong. There is absolutely nothing friendly or courteous about their behavior when they do this.

This is fine if this is the way they want to run their business, it's their business afterall. It's just not the business model that succesfull buisness uses, and will cost them in the long run. But hey, that chip on their shoulders will still be intack.:ar15:

I hate to disagree with you (actually I really don't hate it) but _I_ personally have been yelled at while I was on the line at the Atterbury Range - because I was doing something stupid. And I was okay with that. When you have one RO watching 30 lanes with folks of unknown expertise handling potentially deadly weapons, there is lots of room for "accidents". If I were an RO there, I'd be jumpy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Their behavior isn't out of line for any mass-firing-line situation I've ever seen, from Basic Training, to Pre-Deployment weapons quals, to law enforcement qualifications. You toe the line, follow the rules - exactly - or get dressed down or worse. They are responsible for safety on the firing line and they arguably do whatever they feel is necessary to maintain a safe operation. If you're comfortable going to a range where that isn't so, please let me know which one it is so I can avoid it.

Top Bottom