List of Cheap Chinese made products that actually work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Is there a reason you don't buy an American made AK or AK mags? Just wondering why they are different to you than everything else. It's an honest question and not trying to be confrontational because I'm looking at getting into the AK game and it seems like there are US companies with good offerings.

I should clarify, as far as AK's go I prefer Eastern Bloc, but have owned a few Norinco's in the past, the Chinese make a good AK and SKS. I do not know much about American made AK's. What I was getting at, is for the most part, in general I try my best to avoid Chinese made products. Yes, like most American's I have products that are made in China, as well as other countries.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What I said was I go out of my way to avoid non-American made products. I did not say I had zero foreign products. But I do my best. With that being said. No I only own 1 of the brands you listed and I will spend more for American made over foreign made any day.

What brands do you own and support?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I don't spend more than I have to, retired and not a lot of money will do that. I buy on sale, out of season, closeouts, etc.. I use EBAY a lot and don't mind buying used items.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The 5 H.P. Chinese made Honda knock of engine I put on my 50 year old tiller when the original brigs went south (would still be running if I had not loaned it out) is a seriously nice piece for the money.
    10 years ago there were 13 Companies in China building Honda Clones. These were Reverse Engineered and all Honda parts would interchange with the Clones. Much like the Harbor Freight Tools, Reverse Engineered from successful Major Brands. I have a Coleman Pressure Washer with a Clone engine. It's 14 years old and starts first pull every time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been playing with Nitecore flashlights a little. They are definitely not SF, but they aren't bad either. My favorite is the MT1C, it give my EB1 a run for its money at a third the cost. I still carry the SF daily, but the Nite core is in my backup preps.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Primary Arms markets a lot of chinese made stuff that works as well.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We each own far more Chinese manufactured products than you think.

For every "made in teh USA" counterfeit you notice, there are more that you don't.

They are so adept at it, Chinese consumers assume that their own products are counterfeit.

And counterfeit doesn't always mean low quality. It just means it's manufactured without regard to intellectual property rights. Sometimes, product is made on the same machines after hours to feed the grey and black markets.

At the end of the day, if Russia and the US restarted the space race with a contest to put a man on the moon, the Chinese would beat us both by a year or more.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    my wife got us some peaches last week because they were canned in a glass jar and the syrup was made of sugar instead of corn syrup. they were very good but they were made in china. who knew?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    my wife got us some peaches last week because they were canned in a glass jar and the syrup was made of sugar instead of corn syrup. they were very good but they were made in china. who knew?

Personally, I wouldnt eat them if the entire product originated from China. There is some scary stuff coming out of that country... irrigation water containing heavy metals, God only knows what kind of pesticides sprayed on them, etc...

And I'm no prude. I'll gladly rip into a slab of bacon, eat lots of sugar, etc. Its when product safety is ignored that I say no thank you.

They have such crap agricultural standards, Chinese honey producers go to great lengths to filter all traces of the pollen out of their honey for the express purpose of "anonymizing" the product since it is banned here. No pollen=no way to trace the source (like scrubbing all DNA and fingerprints from an item). They then route the honey through sympathetic middle men countries who pass this "used" honey off as their own "new" product.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Some yeas back I was working on a rehab job that required all parts be made in the US. They even had a guy to inspect everything that was used on the job to make sure that it was made in the US and all requirements were met. At one job meeting the drywaller said he couldn't find drywall screws that were made in the US. They held off putting up drywall for 60 days to look for drywall screws that were made in the US. They did find one Co that made them up in New York. They cost a lot more but they had to use them.

Now that was a law that said if federal money was used you had to use all American parts. Now I don't know if it's that way now. I would guess that it isn't.

I know of a job that was putting up Iron beams and when they went to torque the bolts down the bolts broke. They checked everything out and they had used the correct bolts and were being torqued as they should have been. The bolts were made in China and were not up to specks. They had to replace all bolts. The job was shut down to all other trades while they replaced the bolts. If they hadn't replaced the bolts the building would have fallen down when the poured the slabs. It took them over two weeks to replace all the bolts.

I am a fan of stuff made in the US. When I was working I ordered jeans from a place in Texas to get them made in the US. It was the only place that I could find that made them in the US. No, Levies are no longer made in the US and I refuse to buy them for more than just that. They sent out a order to their workers that stated if you are found with a firearm you will be let go. That included the parking lot.

There was a time when made in the USA meant that it was well made and at a fair price. Today so few thing are made in the US that most don't even look for it any more.

When I was growing up in the greater Cincinnati area if you had something you wanted built you took it to one of the thousand of machine shops in the area and they would build it for you. Today you can't find a machine shop in the area that will do work like that.

It has been stated that we no longer make anything in this country. We have everything shipped in from other countries. I know that isn't true. We make great cars, trucks, tanks and a hole lot of war stuff. We also grow a lot of food.

I would like to know who the companies that moved to Mexico or some such place plan to sell their stuff to if the average American has no job.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I run Chinese cr123 rechargeable batteries in my edc flashlights. They work great and are a fraction of the cost of the name brands that are probably still coming in by boat.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Personally, I wouldnt eat them if the entire product originated from China. There is some scary stuff coming out of that country... irrigation water containing heavy metals, God only knows what kind of pesticides sprayed on them, etc...

And I'm no prude. I'll gladly rip into a slab of bacon, eat lots of sugar, etc. Its when product safety is ignored that I say no thank you.

They have such crap agricultural standards, Chinese honey producers go to great lengths to filter all traces of the pollen out of their honey for the express purpose of "anonymizing" the product since it is banned here. No pollen=no way to trace the source (like scrubbing all DNA and fingerprints from an item). They then route the honey through sympathetic middle men countries who pass this "used" honey off as their own "new" product.

I didn't know about the honey, I usually buy that at a local health food store anyway, to get it's medicinal purposes of helping with allergies.
    But, if we all think back a moment about some of the stuff from China that was very harmful. Poison pet food, toys with lead based paint, drywall that has a reaction with copper pipes (this happened during the rebuilding after Katrina), the list goes on. I would not eat anything imported from China, and I don't think you should either.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I didn't know about the honey, I usually buy that at a local health food store anyway, to get it's medicinal purposes of helping with allergies.
    But, if we all think back a moment about some of the stuff from China that was very harmful. Poison pet food, toys with lead based paint, drywall that has a reaction with copper pipes (this happened during the rebuilding after Katrina), the list goes on. I would not eat anything imported from China, and I don't think you should either.

If you are wanting the honey for allergies, make sure you get RAW honey. Processed honey pulls out the pollen you need for the benefits. If you can see through it, its not raw.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I even quit going to Chinese restaurants a couple of years ago, after channel 13 did a mini series on the news about meat on semi trucks that were not refrigerated.
    And every time it was headed for a Chinese restaurant. The state Police were pulling over these semi's loaded up with meat and fish headed for Chinese restaurants here in Indy.

Who knows how many people could have gotten sick eating that stuff. It makes me think they value making a dollar over everything else. As Americans we need to stop supporting the Chinese.

So I try my best not to buy anything from China.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I love Chinese food. I just figured those warm trucks help tenderize the meat and go with what ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I know where I'm going for dinner now. Mmmmmmm

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I love Chinese food. I just figured those warm trucks help tenderize the meat and go with what ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I know where I'm going for dinner now. Mmmmmmm

LOL, more power to you. It hasn't killed you yet. Order up some spring rolls for me while you're there.
    Thanks

Top Bottom