Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You do know that Beck was a degenerate drug abuser as well, right? Like Rush, he realized he had a problem and got help. I guess the only difference is Beck wasn't as famous as Rush when he had his problems so it wasn't a MSM media circus.
    Hey...I just said Beck is funny. I wasn't carrying a cross for him. But I've never heard Beck be a hypocrite about it. That is the difference. IMO.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Just don't be a hypocrite is my only point. Don't host a nationally syndicated radio and television show and sit there and tell me that anyone who breaks the law and uses illegal drugs should be in prison...then rush (pun intended) back stage to get high on your pain killers.

Do you have evidence that when he made those comments he was using illegal drugs or that he rushed back stage to get high?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Wow. You folks are harsh.

I hope I never need to have back surgery and then get addicted to the pain drugs.

Yeah, I speak out against drugs now. But God forbid somebody make a mistake.

Its not hard. I had my own bout with painkillers a while back, and now I avoid them like the plague, preferring the pain to the possibility of developing a dependency again. Their very easy to get addicted to, and the withdrawals can be excruciating. Oxycodone in particular is known for it.

Cut the guy some slack.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm sure you are just a perfect human being who has never strayed, and lives a perfect, righteous life and can sit in judgement of us all.
    Oh, calm down...it's just an opinion. I'm far from perfect.

Here...have a pill...Rush says it will make you feel all better... :):

oxycontin-cp-660734.jpg

MDVKOrQJYh_i-found-u-an-oxycontin-but-i-eated-it.jpg

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Best you can do?

I'm perfectly calm, pal. It seems like you're the one that it is completely irrational, and your reply speaks for itself. Pointless, sophomorish and ignorant.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Irsay isn't siding with the liberals, he just doesn't want Rush as an owner in the NFL. Big difference. Im not sure, if I was an owner, that I would want him owning a team either.

Ir$ay sides with whoever is going to give him tax revenue. In this case, he is siding with Democrats/liberals because Ir$ay and similar corporate welfare types do _not_ want an even bigger light cast upon the NFL and their corporate welfare ways. It was bad enough locally when Ir$ay got another taxed passed to help pad his personal bank account. Image a pro-free market person like Rush, who might go to St. Louis and actually ask for some sort of public assistance with a new stadium. That would take this issue national at warp speed. A select few NFL owners do _not_ want their corporate welfare made a national issue. Hard to justify paying players tens of millions because taxpayers are bailing you out with direct payments, building your company work place, etc..

The NFL, as most professional sports, is a private business undertaking, controlled by a select few individuals who are very weathy and influential. If they don't want somebody to be in their club, they don't have to let them in.

I think Rush needs to stick to what he does, and let football be managed by other folks. As to the Irsays, they have their share of controversy, but have arguably built one of the top Tier NFL organizations in our era, and probably in the history of the NFL.

This is laughable. The NFL, is a public-private partnership that wouldn't be no where near as big as it is if it were not for tax payer money. The Ir$ays did not build one of the top Tier NFL teams, the taxpayers of Indianapolis, and now Indianapolis and a handful of other counties, built one of the top tier NFL teams. It it had not been for the taxpayers of Indianapolis, the Colts wouldn't even be here, and may not even exist.

bm9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is very unfortunate seeing how many of you are defending Irsay and the rejection of Rush from this process. I don't care if you like Rush or not this was clearly politaical and an attack on personal liberty denying an individual to perticipate in the NFL because they disagree with him. He has a first amendment right to say what he wants and not be persicuted for it. I would expect a group that claims to be friends of the second amendment which is constantly facing attack from the politicians to understand this regardless of your personal feelings for the man. Try not to fall into PC mind set that we are constantly bombarded with and expected to adhere to.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I thought when I first heard Irsay comment on Rush in a TV sound bite, that he was commiting an Obama error by commenting on something about which he did not have all of the facts, especially since no one had offered any proof that Rush had actually said it. Now, it seems that there is no proof except that the whole thing was a lie and the one who said it has now appoligised to try to avoid litigation by Rush, score one for Rush.
    Rush did not seek to be an NFL team owner, it was offered to him and he said at the start the it might cause problems but the person making the offer said that he would take care of it and that he had Rush's back in the matter, sure, that didn't last long did it?
    The whole thing smells of politics doesn't it? Welcome to the NFL. Oh, you didn't know did you?
    This thing about drugs? Have you ever been treated for severe pain with morphine or other narcotics? No? Well then don't be to quick to judge others. If you have been treated with them and you didn't get hooked then consider yourself one of the lucky one's. For some people it's like an alcholic who gets hooked and cannot stop. For most people they can take it or leave it so they just cannot understand why others get hooked on alchohol.
    I remember the testimony of a drug inforcement officer (I believe) who said that he couldn't understand the attraction to drugs so he "shot-up" just once so that he might better understand what he was up against but instead became an uncontrollable addict himself. For some people it's just that bad, they have lost control of themselves.
    Oh, you don't have any of those problems do you? How about sex?, how about envy?, how about greed?, lying, stealing, false accuser, power over others. You who have no sin may cast the first stone. God said that 'ALL HAVE SINNED'. Period. But thanks be to GOD, there is a cure. JESUS.
    Have a great day everybody.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Never cared for Irsay and his comments proved me right

His comments about the things that he thinks Rush said are crap. What happened to free speech in this country? I may not care for what you say but I will defend your right to say them.

We should have let the Colts go instead of building them the palace that we did. What if Rush and the group that he was a part of went to St. Louis and built a stadium for the Rams without tax payer money. Bet Jimmy boy was afraid how that would look the next time he wanted to hold Indy hostage.

To paraphrase an earlier poster - Jim Irsay is a douche bag!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This thing about drugs? Have you ever been treated for severe pain with morphine or other narcotics? No? Well then don't be to quick to judge others. If you have been treated with them and you didn't get hooked then consider yourself one of the lucky one's.

This is great and all, but it was Rush who was doing the judging...wanting to lock people up for life. You have to wonder what he thinks now that he has walked in the same shoes. The fact is, he has the financial backing to help fight his addition, many others may not.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I am not a fan of Limbaugh either. But, keeping him from taking partial ownership of something based on his personal beliefs seems like, uh oh, DISCRIMINATION. And, really, who cares if he takes partial ownership?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom