• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm not a big Limbaugh fan, but I've about had it with Irsay and his team looking to feed at the public trough and now he has the nerve to throw stones.

Limbaugh dropped from group seeking to buy the St. Louis Rams

ST. LOUIS – Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has been dropped from a group seeking to buy the St. Louis Rams. Limbaugh was to be a limited partner in a bid led by St. Louis Blues chairman Dave Checketts, but Checketts said in a statement Wednesday that Limbaugh's participation had complicated the effort. The group will move forward without him.
    Checketts said he will have no further comment on the bid process. Limbaugh did not immediately respond to an e-mail sent late Wednesday seeking comment on Checketts' decision.
    Limbaugh said on his radio show earlier Wednesday that he had been inundated with e-mails from listeners who supported him in the bid.
    "This is not about the NFL, it's not about the St. Louis Rams, it's not about me," Limbaugh said. "This is about the ongoing effort by the left in this country, wherever you find them, in the media, the Democrat Party, or wherever, to destroy conservatism, to prevent the mainstreaming of anyone who is prominent as a conservative.
    "Therefore, this is about the future of the United States of America and what kind of country we're going to have."
    Limbaugh's bid ran into opposition from within the image-conscious NFL on Tuesday when Colts owner Jim Irsay said he would vote against the radio personality. Commissioner Roger Goodell said the commentator's "divisive" comments would not be tolerated from any NFL insider.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had heard Irsay said he'd vote "no" but haven't heard why, or if he's actually dissing on Limbaugh. I'm sure it can be inferred that he is.

To be honest, regardless if "Rush is Right," I don't know that having him involved in the NFL would be a good thing.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have listened to Rush since 1990 and he has never said anything along the lines they are trying to attribute to him while I have listened. I believe him when he says he never said it. If they had evidence of this the Left would have been putting this out long ago. Especially in his recent battles with Obama.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Limbaugh is a douche bag royale. He is out of touch with the real world, but I suppose if I made $39 million to set behind a desk and cock off all day about the democrats, I would probably do it too. He is also a degenerate drug addict. He might be on the road to recovery right now, but let it be a congressman or senator that this happens to and let's see where it goes. As far as the NFL, if he has the money he should be allowed to purchase the Rams. Don't think the league will allow it though.:dunno:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Irsay isn't siding with the liberals, he just doesn't want Rush as an owner in the NFL. Big difference. Im not sure, if I was an owner, that I would want him owning a team either.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Irsay isn't siding with the liberals, he just doesn't want Rush as an owner in the NFL. Big difference. Im not sure, if I was an owner, that I would want him owning a team either.

Explain what this means:

"I, myself, couldn't even consider voting for him," Irsay said at an owners meetings. "When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive ... our words do damage, and it's something that we don't need."

Like I said, I'm not a big Rush fan, but it sounds like the forces of political correctness at work here.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Exactly. I think a case to consider is Mark Cuban in the NBA. I think all in all he hasn't damaged the NBA, and maybe even was good for the NBA in the end. But then again, it is the NBA and doesn't have the same status at the NFL anymore. His ownership of the Mavericks has been very controversial, and there are other owners who flat out despise him.

The NFL, as most professional sports, is a private business undertaking, controlled by a select few individuals who are very weathy and influential. If they don't want somebody to be in their club, they don't have to let them in.

I think Rush needs to stick to what he does, and let football be managed by other folks. As to the Irsays, they have their share of controversy, but have arguably built one of the top Tier NFL organizations in our era, and probably in the history of the NFL.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You'd think Limbaugh and Irsay could bet together and compare dealers for the best prices on OxyCodone. :dunno:

One thing I do agree with Limbaugh about though...when he stated that those convicted of drug crimes should be sent to prison. But that was before...well...you know... :):

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up," Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.

Just another two-faced hypocrite. :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    BHO knows Reefer

obama_smoking-weed1.jpg

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Rush runs a successful business, he has the money to buy a team. Who cares, why not. they have enough rules with the NFLPA and the Commissioner running things there aren't many things to screw up if one could.

Not sure why this is in the news, I think its a smoke screen. I say let him give it a try.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Rush runs a successful business, he has the money to buy a team. Who cares, why not. they have enough rules with the NFLPA and the Commissioner running things there aren't many things to screw up if one could.

Not sure why this is in the news, I think its a smoke screen. I say let him give it a try.
    ^^^^^ Ding ding ding! Winner Winner chicken dinner!^^^^^^

Top Bottom