• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotbarrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    hi i would love a crack at whitetail in indiana i am in northern vt deer hunting is tough we have a three deer limit only one can be a buck per year i hunt fish and consider myself good at both the thing i can offer of the most use in my eyes would be help on a moose hunt if you drew a vt moose tag i have been state rep for hunt of a lifetime for 6-7 yrs so know most of the ins and outs if interested drop me a line at benalycostruction@yahoo.com:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    We have a 3 deer limit as well. That's pretty standard.

As others have noted, this is not correct. You are limited to one buck per year, and you must not exceed the number of antlerless deer allowed in your county. There is no longer a state limit. You could take 30 deer as long as you did it in several counties, so as not to exceed each county's limit. Along the Ohio River there are quite a few counties with a bonus limit of 8.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    hi i would love a crack at whitetail in indiana i am in northern vt deer hunting is tough we have a three deer limit only one can be a buck per year i hunt fish and consider myself good at both the thing i can offer of the most use in my eyes would be help on a moose hunt if you drew a vt moose tag i have been state rep for hunt of a lifetime for 6-7 yrs so know most of the ins and outs if interested drop me a line at benalycostruction@yahoo.com:)

You can come hunt with me. Gimme a days notice before ya show up is all I ask. SW Indiana.

I hunt turkeys and deer mostly. Shoot a few squirrels but rarely go off the porch looking for them.

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    it's pretty much standard 3 deer but it's right place right time. more than willing to give you all the pointers i can but i have only been huntin for about 6-7 years

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Indiana has some pretty generous bag limits. In actuality, you can take 2 antlered deer in Indiana, if AND ONLY IF one of them is taken during the Urban Deer Zone (archery only) hunt in one of the qualifying areas.

Then you throw in the bag limits for antlerless deer by all means, and you can very quickly fill a freezer.

As an example, here in Vanderburgh county, a person hunting during the urban, archery, firearm, and muzzleloader seasons using all available tags could take up to 16 deer in this county only:

4 deer, 1 of which can be antlered, between the archery, firearm, and muzzleoader seasons combined; note that if you take the antlered deer during the archery or muzzloader seasons, then the total deer possible during these combined seasons would be 3, since our firearms tag is antlered only.

4 deer, 1 of which can be antlered (urban deer zone)

8 antlerless (bonus antlerless for Vanderburgh county)

Now, if for some reason you chose to fill all of these 16 possible tags, you could then decide to hunt adjacent couties for additional bonus antlerless deer (quantity varies by county); for example, going to Warrick county would give you an additional 4 antlerless deer, for a yearly total of 20.

I don't think I'd know what to do with that many deer....

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Too many rules and loopholes.

In Louisiana you can kill 7 deer on one license. Including does on doe day. They just limit you to one per day.

Top Bottom