• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Maybe you missed the part of the OP where it stated they were building a rifle and were asking for Pros/cons on barrel length..... If he asked which rifle he could buy for under 500 dollars that would be suitable for home defense, then chime in with you DPMS is good enough comment
    Is a cheaper price not a pro?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^Precisely, and I have 3 14.5" uppers. If I'm going the SBR route, it's going to be 12.5" or below. I chose a 10.5" Noveske for a MK18 Mod0 clone.

Would you mine throwing a pic of it up? I just bought a Mod0 today!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My primary Run-N-gun carbine is a pinned 14.5 premium PSA upper I got a few years back on a black Friday sale. I have just regular Magpul MOE furniture on it to cut some weight. I do think the length difference is a little more noticeable than one might think. It does seem to be a bit more maneuverable between barricades and such, but that's not to say a 16" is that much different. As far as weight savings the Faxon barrels are super nice, just real tough to find in stock. An if your wanting to save weight check out the Midwest Industries Light Weight M-lock handgaurds, one of their 15" rails weighs less than 10oz and that's including the barrel nut which is what I'm planning on using for my light weight SPR build after the first of the year.

Top Bottom