• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought the book. Will buy the movie when it comes out. I wish I could afford to contribute to the movie also. :( Fantastic story! I hope it stays close to the book.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    David Crawford is a certified good dude and a friend. I had the pleasure of meeting David a few years back when he took my Bug Out and survival class in TN. Having him around the campfire that night was an honor and bonus for the students. He even gave a little talk about vehicle bug out considerations.

I am so happy that he has enjoyed success with his writing.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Quick update for all reading this thread -- a trailer was filmed this weekend for the new movie. We all really had a good time on the set even though it was muddy and kinda chilly. David, I really had a nice time getting to know you this week.

Here is a picture of my oldest son with Karateman!

karateman.jpg

The battle of Silver Hills was really cool to watch. If you've read the book, you will recognize it immediately!

SnakeDoctor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Noblesville, IN
    I just bought the book a couple of months ago on Amazon & am currently reading it. Here is the link:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-David-Crawford/dp/0615427359]Lights Out: David Crawford: 9780615427355: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm reading this right now.

I'm an avid reader. I cut my teeth as a kid on tolkein, homer, and ahern and have read every adventure story I could find since (along with soup cans, romance novels, macro economics, I will read pretty much anything except instructions).

Not trying to brag, but I read quite a bit and this is a really good book. I think it's as good as any book in the genre and better by leaps and bounds than most *cough, the road is overrated, cough*.

Seriously, if you have read "one second after" or any of James Rawles's books or liked the tv show "Jericho" or just want to read a good book about teotwawki, read this one.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Quick update for all reading this thread -- a trailer was filmed this weekend for the new movie. We all really had a good time on the set even though it was muddy and kinda chilly. David, I really had a nice time getting to know you this week.

Here is a picture of my oldest son with Karateman!

karateman.jpg

The battle of Silver Hills was really cool to watch. If you've read the book, you will recognize it immediately!

[video=youtube;cWnbrwjnbZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnbrwjnbZA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nice! I haven't read LO in years. I think it's time to read it again.

I heard an interview with David Crawford on TSP. Looks like they're setting this up to be a three part series so they can stay true to the book. It's gonna be awhile before it's ready unfortunately. I think it's gonna be worth it in the end though.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If the trailer is any indication, I agree. I like the idea of sequels and not trying to shove everything (and losing a lot) into one video. I think it will be worth the wait. :rockwoot:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Looks like they are out of money and asking for regular people to donate to fund it. Check the facebook and the .com and you will notice they lead to one of those fund sites. Shame a big name studio couldn't pick this up and make it a block buster.

TJ

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like they are out of money and asking for regular people to donate to fund it. Check the facebook and the .com and you will notice they lead to one of those fund sites. Shame a big name studio couldn't pick this up and make it a block buster.

TJ

A big name studio would f*** it up.
    The trailer has that real life look to it.

Top Bottom