• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Fingerprints last week, background check friday, paid locals monday, permit in mail today!
    From what I have read, it would be a while.
    Anybody know where you can get good lamination done around lafayette?
    Thanks

Glad to hear.
    I take it you just renewed and it wasn't a new license. The renewals always seem to have a significantly quicker turn around.

I'd caution you on making copies though.
    If you're caught with copies, as if you had copies of your drivers license made, there could be complications.

Stay safe

rby1rby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Delphi
    Glad to hear.
    I take it you just renewed and it wasn't a new license. The renewals always seem to have a significantly quicker turn around.

If you're caught with copies, as if you had copies of your drivers license made, there could be complications.

Stay safe

No, this was a 1st time permit. I was really surprised to see it in the mail that fast.
    I think I will just go get the original laminated somewhere & if I ever need a new one I'll just fork out $20. Better safe than sorry

Thanks everybody for all the reponses on this

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I took mine years ago to Kinkos 96th Street in Fishers, girl behind the counter said "Sir we are not supposed to copy them". Fine I said do you have a couple of sheets of pinko kinko paper I could buy......................she then looked around and asked me how many copies I wanted. Five I said.
    POP GUNS indoor range laminated the copy I presented to them for $2.00, the others I did at work (We have a lamination machine and I used scrap they were about to through away). Original in my wallet, one copy on my vehicle visor, one copy in my Center of Mass clamshell safe, one in the pocket of my harly ever worn belly bag, one copy in my range bag, and copy in the pocket of a camera bag I sometimes put me G-27 in. Never had to produce one, but have three in my car as we speak, (Visor/safe/wallet).

My daughter just got hers wednsday and I told her to go get 5-6 copies. She is only 22, long number of years (at least sixty I hope) for her to abide by the 2nd Amd and LTCH).

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I guess now you can pay an extra ten dollars and get it in a couple of days. Might be worth it ,because it took me almost four months to get mine.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Stay safe

I disagree. Your DL is a form of official ID. Your LTCH is not an ID and cannot be used as such.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I disagree. Your DL is a form of official ID. Your LTCH is not an ID and cannot be used as such.

True the LTCH is not an official ID.
    Granted most police officers aren’t going to know one pink paper from another, but if they find two identical on a person or in a car there could be difficulties. But what is to prevent one of the very small percentage of LTCH holders who have their LTCH taken away due to their own actions from going home, getting a copy of now invalid permit and carrying with it?
    That’s all I was saying.
    I find it easier to just keep the laminated LTCH attached to my driver’s license with a single piece of tape so its with me all time.
    Stay safe

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Granted most police officers aren’t going to know one pink paper from another, but if they find two identical on a person or in a car there could be difficulties. But what is to prevent one of the very small percentage of LTCH holders who have their LTCH taken away due to their own actions from going home, getting a copy of now invalid permit and carrying with it?
    That’s all I was saying.
    I find it easier to just keep the laminated LTCH attached to my driver’s license with a single piece of tape so its with me all time.
    Stay safe

What cop is going to worry if someone has copies, especially since you can pay $20 and get another anytime you want? What's keeping any regular criminal from carrying without a LTCH?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    That’s all I was saying.
    Stay safe

A local cop has no authority to keep your LTCH. If they believe you should be suspended or revoked they submit a report to the ISP. The ISP then sends you a certified letter telling you to surrender your license.
    Only the issuing authority can take your LTCH and that is the ISP.

Oh, if you pay the $20 to the ISP it is stamped "duplicate" right on it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Before you laminate it....and sign it, try to find some pink/red paper that matches the color, and make yourself 5 or so copies. Then go to Kinko's, sign them all, and have them laminated.

Then, if you ever lose one....you have backups.

Kinko's/Fedex on SR 26 East.....just past the Home Depot area....on North side of the road. That's where i got mine done.
    I tried to do this at FedEx Kinkos the day I received my LTCH. They said that they are not allowed to. I had printed two copies on white paper and put them in safe places.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Actually its ILLEGAL to use copies as your LTCH. The law states you can only carry when you have the LTCH that was issued to you. Not a copy...learned the hard way....Even on pink paper...

Top Bottom