• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Hello everyone. To start off I am new here. Not new to firearms just new to this site. But I am by no means an expert at firearms. With that said.
    I applied for my life time carry permit on 1-28-13. I did the pre finger printing deal and then went down town and and payed the last of the fee.

I do not have a record so to speak. I was arrested once and let go, 13 hours later. I recived 2,000 dollars for wrongfull arrest. So no convictions. That was like 7 or 8 years ago. Other than that never had any issues with the law.

My question is, about how long is it running to get the permits. I was TOLD :hooked:. 4 weeks. Im also wondering if that little run in with an overly proud city worker slash peta member (read above) will slow the prosses.
    any help would be great .

I hope this is in the correct thread.
    thanks again.

sorry i put this in the wrong area feel free to move if tis a problem. thanks.

looks as if im going to be waiting.
    i bet if they sent me a bill and i took 18 weeks to pay it, there would be hell to pay.

and thanks for the welcom 87iroc

Last edited by a moderator:

lrhochgesang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Jasper, IN
    i applied online 12-8-12, NON-L1 prints and local fee 12-10-12, perfectly clean record and mailed with money order 12-12-12. it will be almost 3 months this week or next week. a buddy of mine appled after christmas, L1, and just received his last friday, about 8-9 weeks

Good Luck and Dont wait by the mailbox-might get hypothermia

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    There is a thread specifically for this in the self defense forum.

But it looks like your going to wait about 18 weeks I think currently

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I applied the 17th of last october, am still waiting.. I have never broken a law.

Check out the aforementioned post

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    sorry i put this in the wrong area feel free to move if tis a problem. thanks.

looks as if im going to be waiting.
    i bet if they sent me a bill and i took 18 weeks to pay it, there would be hell to pay.
    You are correct and, honestly, if you want to give them 'hell to pay' you could certainly obtain a lawyer and take action once you reach 60 days as that's all the time the law permits. I'm not a lawyer so I can't say if this would be a good/bad idea and if it would help or hurt your cause.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I just payed 3k to get custady of my kids. my lawyer days are over for the fore seeable future. lol

yea she really had no leg to stand on and the lawyer would have drug her threw the coals. so there in there beds sleeping . so in my opinion it was the best 3k i ever spent.
    yes i did get off cheap but 3 grand to me might as well been 30k. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just payed 3k to get custady of my kids. my lawyer days are over for the fore seeable future. lol
    In that case, your only option is to simply wait.

That said, $3k to get custody is cheap (imho). Glad to hear it worked out for you, assuming I understand your post correctly.

That said, :welcome:!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    yea she really had no leg to stand on and the lawyer would have drug her threw the coals. so there in there beds sleeping . so in my opinion it was the best 3k i ever spent.
    yes i did get off cheap but 3 grand to me might as well been 30k. lol
    My wife's father fought for 12 years to get custody and was never able to get it... That said, he's a great man and would have done a fantastic job of raising her.

Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thank you for your honesty, everyone has issues and the fact you are open about them is telling. Expect to wait a bit, there are many more applicants per unit of time than normal, because of the current administration. Do not worry, you'll be fine, just continue being honest, open about yourself and you'll be good to do, but never give up TOO much information. thats a fine line! welcome and enjoy, as this forum has changed my life for the better, hopefully it has the same affect on you.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Hello everyone. To start off I am new here. Not new to firearms just new to this site. But I am by no means an expert at firearms. With that said.
    I applied for my life time carry permit on 1-28-13. I did the pre finger printing deal and then went down town and and payed the last of the fee.

I do not have a record so to speak. I was arrested once and let go, 13 hours later. I recived 2,000 dollars for wrongfull arrest. So no convictions. That was like 7 or 8 years ago. Other than that never had any issues with the law.

My question is, about how long is it running to get the permits. I was TOLD :hooked:. 4 weeks. Im also wondering if that little run in with an overly proud city worker slash peta member (read above) will slow the prosses.
    any help would be great .

I hope this is in the correct thread.
    thanks again.
    Mine took a little over 1 week, last year before the mad rush. Some of my friends have waited 2-months. It is just the mad rush going on, plus I think they are actually checking maybe a little more in the backgrounds of applicants.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Haha, duplicate thread of the century.

The law stipulates they have 60 days but it's taking 4+ months now due to backlog.

Wonder why no one is suing... Or if it'd do any good.

It probably partly depends on when, exactly, the 60 day limit begins in the process. I can guarantee it doesn't begin on the day you do your part with the local PD. :n00b:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I really doubt the delay has anything to do with your "run in". From what I read everywhere, the system is overloaded in almost every city and state. Indiana has been backlogged for some time now. Seems like the per-fingerprinting does reduce the delay but guess there is no way around it. By the way if you got custody for 3k in lawyer fees consider yourself very lucky. I and my 2nd wife paid more than 4 times that (and won) over 35 years ago.

Top Bottom