• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    As for one of the best gun shops in the area, 21st beats em all as far as friendly & willing to help .They also cater to ingo members ,most of the other shops in the area are snobbish (h&h), keep us posted on the job situation .Fort Wayne is a great city to live in ,I couldnt see myself living anywhere else.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    A lot of people don't think Fort Wayne has much to offer, but a lot of people don't bother looking. Downtown has some great restaurants, some pretty good bars, a retro dance club, any kind of live music you could want to hear, a handful of museums (art or otherwise), a handful of theaters (cinema or live productions), festivals almost every weekend during the spring and summer, ice skating in the winter, canoeing in the warm months, an awesome public library, an awesome ballpark, the Embassy Theatre (for national concerts, Broadway shows, the Philharmonic, the occasional film)... If you don't mind driving ten minutes you can add one of the largest shopping malls in the state, one of the best children's zoos in the nation and an arena-sized venue for college/professional sports and concerts to the list.

Crime is a problem, but a pretty minor one compared to other larger cities. I've lived in the Lakeside neighborhood a few blocks outside of downtown for five years and haven't witnessed or been the victim of a serious crime once--littering and jaywalking are rampant, however. I regularly walk around after dark, and journey into downtown on foot several nights a week for one thing or another. That's not to say that there isn't any crime, but people who take common-sense precautions such as leaving the porch light on or staying away from dimly lit alleys, and those who make an effort to not buy drugs from strangers or prostitute themselves, tend not to be victimized as far as I can tell. There are some neighborhoods that are worse and some that are better, so do some research before moving.

Top Bottom