• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    i hate this damn down everyone drives like their blindfolded there are trouble makers just about everywhere ya go......lots of the restaurants suck......the mayor is the biggest moron ive ever seen on tv and i hate him.........jobs are almost non existant. We have horrible air quality and the fluency of the inner city roads is horrible theres almost always an important road close because a water main broke for the 2nd time everything is shodding and done half assed in this town.

Right on the Mayor. The rest I dont agree with. I grew up here. Have lived in the region, Indy, and worked months at a time all over the country.

Fort Wayne is a great place to raise a family.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I love living here. Its been voted All-American city I think 2 years in a row. We do have awesome hockey, decent baseball, good concerts pass through here and you get to see them up close which is way better than a big venue. A few downfalls I see with this town is A. Its expensive as hell to go to shoot at the range here unless you wanna drive down to south a little ways. B. It is kinda lame for singles :(

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Live anywhere in the sweep between NE, NW, and SW. The East is pretty much farmland, and the SE and S are pretty rough. Central FW is ony good right around the actual courthouse, pretty much everywhere else around there is questionable at best.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I love living here. Its been voted All-American city I think 2 years in a row. We do have awesome hockey, decent baseball, good concerts pass through here and you get to see them up close which is way better than a big venue. A few downfalls I see with this town is A. Its expensive as hell to go to shoot at the range here unless you wanna drive down to south a little ways. B. It is kinda lame for singles :(

Southwest Conservation Club on Bluffton Rd, just past Foster Park. 75 rd outdoor range. $100 a year.

Izaak Walton North on Auburn, longer range similar price, not sure on the exact amount.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I hear there is a real nice appartment complex called EATON GREEN
    LOL stay the hell away from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I hear there is a real nice appartment complex called EATON GREEN
    LOL stay the hell away from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got a call from a girl wanting to go out. She was at her friend's house, which happened to be in Eden Green. I told her if I go out there I'm taking my .45. She and her friend were walking down the sidewalk when I picked them up (after dark) My XD was laying on my lap and after they got in she snuck her hand over to my pistol. "I thought you were joking" she said.

Fort Wayne will be frustrating as there is an abundance of one way roads, streets with very similar names that are not even close to each other, and roads that change names in the middle. We have some good restaurants, one of which may be the oldest eatery in the state. (97 years old)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Currently its like living in the wild west,but the most part I like it .I moved here about 20 years ago from small town america for job reasons as well.If you want to belong to the southwest conservation club though you have to know someone currently a member to be considered to have a membership .I called to join & that was the response I got so if anyone on ingo that is currently a member of the southwest conservation club let me know :)

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    its only bad for singles if you 1000lbs and a shut in.

Agreed, I had no problem finding my current wife only 6 months after splitting with my ex gf. She owned her own house to boot:rockwoot:.

As for the wild west comment, it's the second largest city in the state and just had it's 20th homicide this year sometime in december. So yea if you're used to tiny small towns that seems horrible, but in comparison to other cities of it's size it's nothing out of the ordinary.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I forgot to mention that I live on the southside of the fort where there has been a rash of armed robberies recently (tis the season) thats why I made the "Currently" like living in the wild west comment ,there are alot of incidents that arent always reported on the news.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I moved here from Cleveland at the end of August. WAY more to do here, people are way more friendly there is always plenty to do, I'm not afraid of being shot going downtown. I don't think I'm going anywhere soon unless I move way up north to Alaska or something like that.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I don't mind it here. It's a good place for a family. Like stated, stay away from the SE side of town. I used to live on the South side of town, and it wasn't as bad as portrayed, but that was a few years back. But the SE side is pretty rough. I would suggest call the Police Station and asking them for information about the neighborhood you are looking at(no matter what side of town you are on). I was SOOO glad I did that! :)
    I can't ad much that hasn't been added. There is a couple nice state parks in the area. Lots of lakes, good fishing, if you are interested in it. Cold as crap though! lol
    There are all kinds of festivals that go on. Free concerts in the City, Soul Music Festival...Good local music. People are decently friendly for the most part. But they all drive like idiots. :)

Hope this helps, good luck!

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Amazing new baseball stadium. Like others, I didn't see the point, but it's gorgeous. World class zoo , restaurants by the hundreds, great pizza joints.

I might agree, I live in Whitley Co. and I like it fine. One of the problems with Allen Co is that they get annexed into the city every whipstitch.
    There are nice places in Ft. Wayne to live.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I would suggest call the Police Station and asking them for information about the neighborhood you are looking at(no matter what side of town you are on). I was SOOO glad I did that! :)

That's a good idea. I'll file that away for if and when I move anywhere!

UPDATE:
    I thought my interview went well yesterday. We'll see, they have more to do. Either way, they promised to get back with me and let me know. I also had another interview (phone) for down around Brazil (IN). I didn't feel as good about that one.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    It really does wonders. They will give you a 4 block radius on calls in the area you are looking. Seriously probably saved my life....lmao.

I wish you luck on either (or any) interviews you may do.

And did ANYONE mention the coolest thing about Fort Wayne???

21st Century Firearms is seriously a hop, skip and a jump away. Forget H&H! WOOT!

Top Bottom