• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    metabolism equals life. Light here is an energy release of metabolism.

but you knew that and just wanted to be you

That's a bit of a stretch. From the article:

"The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters an egg it leads to a surge of calcium which triggers the release of zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up by camera microscopes."

Just simple fluorescence. Nothing spectacular there. But I'm just a simple athiest :D.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But I'm just a simple athiest :D.

Go for Agnostic...Atheism is a Faith that can not be scientifically proven...Even Richard Dawkins states (when pressed) that he is Agnostic..

I admire your Faith...I wish sometimes I could turn off my curious mind and believe in something so magical as luck....:)

Just kidding....

I am just a simple Theist...:)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    All of those things you described are coordinated and reactionary through developed processes.

show me a rock that seeks out another Rock and has genetic code designed to interact with it.

whether you are an atheist or not you cannot deny life begins at conception. Well, you could, but then you show everyone you care more about a political point than knowledge, logic, or truth.

this isn't a God discussion.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    All of those things you described are coordinated and reactionary through developed processes.

show me a rock that seeks out another Rock and has genetic code designed to interact with it.

whether you are an atheist or not you cannot deny life begins at conception. Well, you could, but then you show everyone you care more about a political point than knowledge, logic, or truth.

It's always amusing to me just how proselytizing many atheists are, though.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis

Life and metabolism begin, consciousness does not. That's always the difficult part for me. That's where faith and science don't agree. Thank you for the good discussion.

Top Bottom