• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    What are your thoughts on expanded military involvement there? More $$$ that we'll have to borrow. Does it have to do with the oil. Hmmmm...............

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    It's not about oil, we don't buy oil from Libya. It's not about power because Obama doesn't think we should be powerful.
    It's about saving face, the UN wanted a no fly zone and in order to placate those idiots we are flying missions over hostile territory with nothing to fight for, nothing to win and no plan.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    I thought a no fly zone was to keep his aircraft from attacking the rebels. Since when is it the playing field is leveled in a war? If that be the case, no winner, no loser.

It's not about oil, we don't buy oil from Libya. It's not about power because Obama doesn't think we should be powerful.
    It's about saving face, the UN wanted a no fly zone and in order to placate those idiots we are flying missions over hostile territory with nothing to fight for, nothing to win and no plan.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    We should spend our $$$ on a "no walk zone" along the Mexican border, rather than a "no fly zone" in Libya.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    We should spend our $$$ on a "no walk zone" along the Mexican border, rather than a "no fly zone" in Libya.

THIS ^:yesway:

Also , it's not about where we get our oil . It's about where our friends get their oil .

They came along for the ride into Iraq and Afghanistan so now we need to return the favor in Libya .

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Getting America to make a large military commitment to the stability of africa has been a dream of europe for years.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    We have no business there, and nothing to gain by getting rid of Ghaddaffi. The positive out of this is Obama's liberal supporters will go nuts, and they can't blame it on Bush this time.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The positive out of this is Obama's liberal supporters will go nuts, and they can't blame it on Bush this time.

One would think, but so far no media backlash for his "kinetic operation." The UN pushed and Obama took a dive. I think the plan is to install an even more fundamentalist government. See: Egypt. See: Muslim Brotherhood.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I am convinced that our involvement is rooted in a deep-seat sympathy for the Muslim cause. Finding out the the Nutmegger has embraced the inclusion of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt's emerging new government and that at least part of the "rebels" opposing Gaddafi are members of Al-Quaida only reinforces that belief. He's certainly not supporting the rebels because he thinks they're going to be instituting a Jeffersonian democracy any time soon.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My biggest ***** about this whole thing is that it isn't being done on any kind of principle. If his principle is that humanitarian crisis demand military intervention, then stand on it. If his principles dictate non-intervention then stand on it.

Apparently, he has not principles, since this looks like peer pressure by the UN more than anything else.

The Libyans are also trading 1 tyrant for many when the fundamentalists take power.

We're watching the mideast transform from a bunch of tin pot dictators to an all out Caliphate. It's going to really really suck, since every time this happens they all get together and decide to invade europe and asia.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    We're watching the mideast transform from a bunch of tin pot dictators to an all out Caliphate. It's going to really really suck, since every time this happens they all get together and decide to invade europe and asia.

Bingo!

This should be so damn obvious to anyone at State who has ever picked up a history book...but none of those bâtards seem to want to do anything about it.

At least during the 14 - 18th centuries when the Ottomans were riding high, Europe had the stones to deal with the problem. Now, we're likely to join the Sultan's side to avert a "humanitarian crisis"...

That said, I'm all about turning lemons into lemonade.

At some point we ("the West") will be forced to confront them and that will give us a great opportunity to take Constantinople back. Push them across the Bosphorus. Drive them into the sea.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just watched the commander of poo talk about lybia. the whole time I was watching i was taking a marathon dump in my toilet. he tried to pull at peoples heart strings. what a piece of crap. the whole time all I kept hearing was, "we will" "we did" "we lead" we we we we we we we we we. caching caching caching cashing $$$$$$. congrats America we are officially the world police and daddy warbucks! and we are gonna keep handing out more money in lybia. he said they froze some 30 BILLION dollars in currency that belongs to lybia, so why cant they use THAT money to buy food and water and clothes and re-pay military aid we are giving to lybia?????? IM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD EVEN BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!! And heavens forbid that a single American loses their life in that **** hole country! who wants to waste their life protecting ****? no soldier I know. this is enfuriating. IMPEACH OBAMA NOW CONGRESS!

he also claims no boots are on the ground in lybia. if you believe that horse **** your as smart as a box of rocks. we are on the ground.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    just watched the commander of poo talk about lybia. the whole time I was watching i was taking a marathon dump in my toilet. he tried to pull at peoples heart strings. what a piece of crap. the whole time all I kept hearing was, "we will" "we did" "we lead" we we we we we we we we we. caching caching caching cashing $$$$$$. congrats America we are officially the world police and daddy warbucks! and we are gonna keep handing out more money in lybia. he said they froze some 30 BILLION dollars in currency that belongs to lybia, so why cant they use THAT money to buy food and water and clothes and re-pay military aid we are giving to lybia?????? IM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD EVEN BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!! And heavens forbid that a single American loses their life in that **** hole country! who wants to waste their life protecting ****? no soldier I know. this is enfuriating. IMPEACH OBAMA NOW CONGRESS!

he also claims no boots are on the ground in lybia. if you believe that horse **** your as smart as a box of rocks. we are on the ground.

I can't rep you it won't let me, I owe you one.

You pretty much said what I was thinking, but add this, some or most of the media and the talking heads are all about WE do this, and WE do that, THEY support the actions.

CHICKENHAWKS ALL

They aren't the poor bastards who have to deal the expenditure of the service members life and limb.

Whole bunch of "WE" goin on yet I ain't seen none of them step up and do the deed. They spend our military service members lives like they do the money in DC. Even the SECDEF said no US interests, all the companies invested there are from Europe.

Both sides are idiots, time for a clean sweep.

Ranger........Hooah on the Oathkeepers..........out

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I like in the speech how he stated that we were there to prevent genocide. If that was a major reason then we should have been in Darfur a while ago.

Top Bottom