• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I believe that I am a liberal in the classical sense. I believe in keeping government as small as possible and giving people as many personal freedoms as we can get away with.

I don't want my neighbor or my government to tell me what church I can go to, who I can marry or whether or not I can carry a gun and likewise I don't want to tell my neighbor how to live his life or give my government any more power over us than the bare minimum that it needs to function.

That poll scored me at the topmost corner, right in the center of libertarianism.

I vote democrat because in the county where I live about 100% of all political offices are held by democrats and the primary election often decides who is going to get the office.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Liberals want the government to do the church's job. Conservatives want the church to do the government's job. Both sides want something that's good for government and bad for the church. That's why I'm a libertarian.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    drawphp.png

Not really surprising, but I still like the sound of "Right Wing Extremist" as compared to "Libertarian"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Awwww crap....

drawrev.png

Well most of my personalities lean right and librtarian so.... :dunno:

:D:D

EDIT:

On a side note I would make a wonderful candidate for political office, I have everyones concerns covered,
    and apparently my views would change with the wind. :twocents:

:rofl:

Last edited:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Interesting according to the quiz I am a centerist. I guess that's were I see myself also as I am not a one party voter. I do tend to favor one party most of the time.

And :+1:for the OP for standing up for your political viewpoints. I always appreciate people who stand up for their view points but don't try to force their views onto others.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Liberals want the government to do the church's job. Conservatives want the church to do the government's job. Both sides want something that's good for government and bad for the church. That's why I'm a libertarian.

So this quote got me thinking. What task do you think that Conservatives are putting on the Church, that would be better done by the Government?

If anything, I thought you would have said that both sides ask Government to do the Church's job. Namely, spreading charity and morality.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Think of it this way: I may decide to vote for someone who is not gun friendly because their positions on other issues that I care deeply about are strong and they have good influence in those areas, and because their opponent(s) have positions on those issues that I find abhorrent and they are not particularly strong on gun rights.

I consider guns to be a threshold issue. If you're anti-gun, you don't get over the threshold. If candidates meet the threshold test, then I'll weigh other issues. For example, I've never voted for Dick Lugar, I won't vote for Dan Coats. I haven't vote for their opponents but I won't give Dick and Dan my vote after they've screwed me on the gun issue and will, presumably, continue to do so.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    Anyone else notice that this quiz is on a Libertarian website? Methinks that's why we're all scoring Libertarian, but I've been wrong before.
    exactly the quiz was created by a libertarian in the 70's If you look hard enough you can find a test that tells you anything you want it too.:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    exactly the quiz was created by a libertarian in the 70's If you look hard enough you can find a test that tells you anything you want it too.:dunno:

Probably true. It showed me as a right of center libertarian. I don't believe in legalizing all drugs, open borders, etc.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone else notice that this quiz is on a Libertarian website? Methinks that's why we're all scoring Libertarian, but I've been wrong before.

They actually address that on the site, Joe. Overall, they say they get about an even spread of people across the five possible outcomes. They don't WANT to see everyone come out libertarian, because if they did; that is, if the quiz forced everyone to that outcome, people would realize and resent being "fooled".

Personally, I think we're all coming out in or near that group because we are all gun owners. As a group, we tend to like the idea of not being dictated to, not having an over-intrusive government.
    Most of us look at the overreaches of the Bush administration, i.e. Patriot Act, bailouts, etc., and decry them. Similarly, we look at the excesses of the Obama administration, i.e. Obamacare, bailouts, etc., and have nothing good to say about those, either.

We want less government, overall. Some don't like or agree with abortion, others don't like or agree with mandatory prayers in school, but overall, we agree that gov't goes outside it's bounds on a regular basis.

This, as I believe and practice, is libertarianism with a small L.

Oh, and my "map"?
    draw.php

Hope that helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I consider guns to be a threshold issue. If you're anti-gun, you don't get over the threshold. If candidates meet the threshold test, then I'll weigh other issues. For example, I've never voted for Dick Lugar, I won't vote for Dan Coats. I haven't vote for their opponents but I won't give Dick and Dan my vote after they've screwed me on the gun issue and will, presumably, continue to do so.

For me it depends on both the strength of their stand on an issue and their influence on those issues. So someone who is rabidly anti-gun and who also carries more influence will have that outweigh other issues for me. The problem is that I have other threshhold issues. This makes it more difficult sometimes for me to choose.

I also don't tend to tell other folks who I voted for because you get the one issue folks or the straight party folks who are happy to tell you how much of an idiot you are for voting for X. I get this from people on all ends of the political spectrum since my views aren't so neatly categorized.

Top Bottom