• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrMunster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Call Wilson and ask them for instructions. You should not need to go through an FFL since Wilson is a manufacturer. You do, however, need to send it via common carrier and not USPS.

From their website:
    How should I ship my rifle, pistol, or shotgun to Wilson Combat®?

We recommend that you use a reliable carrier such as UPS or Federal Express. We also recommend that you insure any firearm(s) that you ship to us. Overnight shipping is required by UPS for handguns. The use of UPS Ground Service is allowed for all long guns.

Please do NOT send items such as gun rugs, gun boxes, bushing wrenches, etc. For other Custom Gunwork Terms please see our Custom Shop Work Order form.

Our shipping address is:
    Wilson Combat
    Attn. - Customer Service
    2234 CR 719
    Berryville AR 72616-4573

Fedex:
    Firearms
    1. FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
      1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
      2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
    2. If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
    3. Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.
    4. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm.
    5. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
    6. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
    7. FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Call Wilson and ask them for instructions. You should not need to go through an FFL since Wilson is a manufacturer. You do, however, need to send it via common carrier and not USPS.

From their website:
    How should I ship my rifle, pistol, or shotgun to Wilson Combat®?

We recommend that you use a reliable carrier such as UPS or Federal Express. We also recommend that you insure any firearm(s) that you ship to us. Overnight shipping is required by UPS for handguns. The use of UPS Ground Service is allowed for all long guns.

Please do NOT send items such as gun rugs, gun boxes, bushing wrenches, etc. For other Custom Gunwork Terms please see our Custom Shop Work Order form.

Our shipping address is:
    Wilson Combat
    Attn. - Customer Service
    2234 CR 719
    Berryville AR 72616-4573

Fedex:

Firearms
    1. FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
      1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
      2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
    2. If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
    3. Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.
    4. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm.
    5. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
    6. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
    7. FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

He knows he can ship it himself but for an expensive handgun like this an FFL might be able to do it for 2/3 of the price of a carrier even with shipping and ffl fees.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    He knows he can ship it himself but for an expensive handgun like this an FFL might be able to do it for 2/3 of the price of a carrier even with shipping and ffl fees.
    Indeed, I'm going to call and ask if they can send me a label (I'll pay for it) when I get a chance.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I had to send my 1911 back to Springfield Armory for some work. They sent me a tag. I boxed it up and sent it to them. When it was sent back I had to pay for the shipping, it was on the bill. I think it was $40 or $50 I can't remember. Then It was only insured for $700. I think it was all dun through Fed X. I think the only reason I got charged for shipping is because I had them replace the sights after they made the repairs.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Worst case, I'll use the expensive shipping as an excuse to get a little more customization done... I mean no sense in paying $150 in shipping to have $50 in work done (arbitrary cost to make a point).

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    INGO Member Michiana in Fishers (close to SR 37 and 126th St) can do it. His site is http://www.richards-guns.com/ It says he charges $30.

He operates out of his house, so you'll want to get in touch ahead of time. I've purchased four guns online (all subsequently lost in Geist :( ) and had them transferred by him.

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Try Plainfield Shooting Supplies they told me they would ship a rifle for $30 on top of the shipping cost. So they will ship for individuals. Good luck!

Top Bottom