• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Any ideas on how to get half a broken shell out of the chamber of a rossi 94 in 357mag? its pretty damn suck in there. it is a brass case. looks like it broke right at the point the bullet ended and the powder began. looks like a perfect clean break all the way around.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    First I would soak things overnight with some penetrating oil of some kind. Next day I would try an over sized brush and push it down from muzzle end and see if it will catch and drag it out. Of course you'll have to unscrew and take the brush out from the chamber.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    First I would soak things overnight with some penetrating oil of some kind. Next day I would try an over sized brush and push it down from muzzle end and see if it will catch and drag it out. Of course you'll have to unscrew and take the brush out from the chamber.

hornady oneshot works well to

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    I would suggest using a product called cerrosafe. It is available through brownells. It basically works like this. You would run a snug patch from muzzle end to just in front of the chamber. Then you would pour melted cerrosafe into chamber. Cerrosafe hardens virtually instantly. Let sit for a minute or two. Proceed to tap cerrosafe and broken casing out of chamber. Hope this helps if not there are better expanations online just google cerrosafe.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have had the exact same problem with my .357 marlin. Seems to be a problem when I shoot .38s out of it and don't scrub the chamber. Really does not take that many to cause the problem. I just used an easy out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom