Sioux Falls, SD
    Very happy with todays purchase.

teRnVNol.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Are those as spendy as the more modern (popular) calibers?
    .30-30, .45-70, .35 Remington...

Actually IMHO the Marlin 1893 in 32-40 is the best buy on the market today if you reload. They are solid reliable vintage guns but the lack of off the shelf ammo keeps the prices low. They do share a fair amount of internal parts commonality with the 336 so repairs aren't expensive if you ever need to do them. Accuracy with cast bullets is very good, I make brass from 30-30 cases and use an RCBS cast 170 grain bullet. This combo also works well with BP which is where the 32-40 has it's roots.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I believe it is Bidenomics, AND they are higher capacity than bolts, so they are selling in commie states. Demand goes up...Hey! Lets charge more... If I were to ever travel through New York, I would have my lever gun, and revolver. They don't violate any of their stupid laws, and I'm still armed ish...Take it for what it's worth but GForce is starting to make lever guns, haven't seen one in the wild, but Turkish guns have come a long way, so that might be a budget option...Do I want a Winchester 94 in 30/30...yes! Can I afford one....no! Heck, even the Rossi 30/30's are $700-900.
    I have a GForce Huckleberry .357, I like it, works great, its 1892 copy, a lot like the Rossi R92, can't go wrong for the price.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I would love to blame the libs but that’s too feel good easy.

What really happened is the perfect storm. Poor management at USRAC and Marlin who traditionally outfitted the sportsman paved the way for PEF (Private Equity Firms) to Rape and Suck all the cash out of these dying factories.

The majority of CEO and other BOD members of these PEF are Republicans believing in the 2A. In reality, the 2A platform was the medium to get the vote for their money making interests.

Fast forward to today and the nitch in the market now for the gluttonous makers is the new Lever Gun. These LINO’s (Lever in Name Only) are trying to satisfy the Utilitarian as the Fudds are dying off.

We can’t stop the times a changing in the Market place but we should see it how it really is.

See you on the range

Trapper

Top Bottom