• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    So I figure this is a waste of time, but I sent an email to the generic email address that is provided by the website. Here is what I sent Sheriff Kennedy:

Hello,
    I would prefer to communicate with Sheriff Kennedy directly, but that appears to not be an option based on what I can find on the website; which is a completely separate topic that needs to be addressed as well.

With the current events in the United States I would like to know where Sheriff Kennedy stands in relation to the possibility of unconstitutional gun control bills being passed into law? There are a growing number of Sheriffs across the country who have made it known that they will not stand, nor enforce, nor assist in the enforcement of any unconstitutional gun laws. Additionally at least two states have passed laws forbidding the federal government from infringing on their citizens Second Amendment rights; there is currently a similar bill in Indiana's Congress as well.

I would like a straight answer on the question on whether or not Sheriff Kennedy will enforce, or assist in enforcing unconstitutional laws infringing on our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Thank you,

Jason A. Partridge

Bloomington, IN
    812-360-6780

I'll be impressed if I even get a response!

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I think I may jump on the band wagon and send my Sheriff the same inquiry. It's only fair, seeing as that is an elected position... Election time will always come again

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    If I could find an email to send it to I would do the same but so far no such luck.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I will follow yours up with one of my own. Did you just go through the monore county site?

It'll be a miracle if he responds in the affirmative.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Morgan County

hmmm, I know some people on here have said that they have emailed him... either that or I've been sniffing too much Hoppes again!

OK, it seems it was too much Hoppes again... seems they really want you to just call them... looks like a 5 to 10 minute phone call is in order KW730.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I should write a similar letter to the Lake County Sheriff. I am assuming I would receive a negative response, but I should write the letter anway. Who knows, might even be pleasantly surprised. Regardless of response, we should still write to them so they hear our side. Nobody is going to stand up for us besides us!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Here's my draft of what I sent. Other monroe county citizens feel free to jump on this band wagon. The mayor of Bloomington is pretty much a lost cause, but for those of us lucky enough to not live under his rule, we can at least try to get the Sheriff on our side.

I used your email as a starting point/template, sorry for the plagiarism.

Hello Sheriff Kennedy,

I hope this correspondence finds you well, and in good spirits. I am writing you today to ask you a few questions, as well as hoping to find out what your personal stances on some controversial topics are.

In light of recent (and not so recent) events across the country, there are many people out there that would like to strip the entire populace of the United States of certain individual rights. I am wondering what your stance is in relation to the unconstitutional legislation that is haphazardly being thrown before congress to try and strip Americans of their right to keep and bare arms. As these pieces of legislation directly attempt to undermine the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, as well as our right as human beings to self-defense. I am curious as to where you stand, as our elected County Sheriff whom is sworn to uphold the Constitution of this United States, in regards to an individual’s right to use a firearm for self-defense purposes. And to follow along with that, where do you stand on an individual’s right to carry a firearm for self-defense either openly or concealed?

As I look around the news, I see a large number of County Sheriff's from around the country, speaking out against this and other forms of unconstitutional gun control. Some have made it abundantly clear to congress and the President, stating that they will not stand for, enforce, nor assist in any form of unconstitutional gun control. In addition, there have been at least two states to date that have enacted legislation to further uphold their citizens’ rights to keep and bare arms, similar legislation is being worked on within the Indiana State government. Where do you, Sheriff Kennedy, stand as far as protecting your constituent’s Second Amendment rights?

Thank you for your time, and attention to this matter.

Respectfully,
    Mr. SideArmed
    Monroe County, IN Resident

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have still heard nothing from Sheriff Kennedy. I believe it may be time to do the Certified letter route. At least that way I can know that he received the letter!

I have to say that I am thoroughly disgusted with the Law Enforcement leadership we have here in Bloomington and Monroe County; I need to see if we can get a candidate that actually gives a **** about the Constitution and the citizens of the county that they serve!

wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    It seems likely that any responses given will likely include some middle of the road rhetoric to the effect that it is not their place to determine the Constitutionality of any legislation, and that they are sworn to uphold any laws on the books. The Supreme Court will ultimately have the final say blah blah blah.

Sure there are Sheriff's speaking out, but I'm just assuming that any that choose not to will adopt a wait and see attitude.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom