• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Im in the middle on this one registering your guns is a gun control i could live with but still dont like the idea of it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I liked this comment:

"I respect gun usage to a point when they are use (sic) with respect and with common sense," wrote iReporter RindaLynn.
    "Guns do not save people. People choosing not to use guns save people," RindaLynn added.

So let's disarm the military and police, right RindaLynn?

There are tools, and there are tools.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Senator Feinstein respects Cpl. Boston's service. She has heard from thousands of people -- including many gun owners -- who support her plan to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons and large capacity magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds. As Senator Feinstein has said, the legislation will be carefully focused to protect the rights of existing gun owners by exempting hundreds of weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes.

Her ban effectively includes all semiautomatic rifles AND pistols! If anything it is carefully focused on sneeking it past a sleeping public. Kinda like taking a page from Bush's playbook of deceptively naming legislation to obfuscate what's really in it.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Her ban effectively includes all semiautomatic rifles AND pistols! If anything it is carefully focused on sneeking it past a sleeping public. Kinda like taking a page from Bush's playbook of deceptively naming legislation to obfuscate what's really in it.

And Pumps, Lever Actions and Bolt Actions if you read the Bill on NRA's web site.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Im in the middle on this one registering your guns is a gun control i could live with but still don't like the idea of it.
    Think about it realistically. What benefit to society could possibly come from "Registration of guns". The ONLY people that would register their firearms are the honest citizen that would NEVER use the gun for robbery or murder. Do you envision felons that are in possession of a firearm registering, they would automatically go to jail? If your guns are stolen, how would that help find them? All it would do it HARM the honest citizens right to keep and bear arms, because soon after all the HONEST citizens register their weapons, laws could and will be passed making some of the guns illegal, such as and semi-auto rifles over 22 Cal. Sometime later Auto shotguns would be banned - when the laws are passed, they would know exactly where to go to confiscate the guns. One after another this would happen until only the criminal and Government has weapons. I cannot see where there is any other reason to "register" these weapons. Again please try to list any "benefit" that would make society safer or prevent any injuries or deaths from firearms!! It would obviously be used to prevent face to face sales, all transactions would have to go through FFL dealers. It would take little legislation to require FFL's to charge a minimum of $100 a transaction, and possible add a "tax" of $200 - like the Automatic weapons tax. This would certainly hamper the average honest citizen from purchasing any firearms. A "registration" is naught but an excuse for the start of elimination of LEGAL firearms in the USA. IN MY MIND THE LIBERAL'S DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS THAT ONLY THE GOVERNMENT HAS CONTROL OF ALL GUNS.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    If i owned weapons.... i would never register them.

That'd be a dicy choice. If one did this, he might as well go all the way then and build his own machineguns, SBRs, SBSs, and supressors. I bet the penalty under a registration law would be the same for a "unregistered" scary AR-15 as it would be for a little drop in fully auto sear part.

Reminds me of the scene in the movie "Heat" where after they murder the first security guard they go ahead and execute the rest because at that point they've already got a life sentence.

The hypothetical "assualt rifle" (if further laws pass) will be just as evil as the illegally built auto sear.

Top Bottom