• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Do you have a legitimate reason to believe that you're vitamin deficient? Some new data out there to suggest that taking vitamins if they aren't needed can actually be detrimental to your health.

No not really. But if most are low, then I guess there's a good chance I am. I should probably get a blood test though. Seems lately that I can't shut my mind off. It's ALWAYS planning, thinking, brainstorming. Be nice to have a switch or something. I've heard that vitamin D does help with stuff like that. Could be wrong though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seems lately that I can't shut my mind off. It's ALWAYS planning, thinking, brainstorming.

Go to yoga, and have some fish (tuna, eel or salmon) tonight, have a couple of eggs and a glass of milk for breakfast, and then have mushrooms on your pizza this weekend. It's sunny right now, go walk around for a few minutes. Heck, even Cheerios are loaded with vitamin D if you don't want to cook.

You'll be fine. Just up the exercise and you'll sleep better.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No not really. But if most are low, then I guess there's a good chance I am. I should probably get a blood test though. Seems lately that I can't shut my mind off. It's ALWAYS planning, thinking, brainstorming. Be nice to have a switch or something. I've heard that vitamin D does help with stuff like that. Could be wrong though.

"Deficient" means you are below the arbitrary level the medical community decided should be the low level of "normal" or "healthy", based on studies that may be completely inaccurate. Keep that in mind :D

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just read it. Leave it to INGO to come in with a question, and leave more confused....

:runaway:

Hehe...it happens. Take home message, in my opinion: Unless you're having symptoms of vitamin deficiency that can't be otherwise explained/corrected, I wouldn't worry about taking a daily vitamin supplement.

"Deficient" means you are below the arbitrary level the medical community decided should be the low level of "normal" or "healthy", based on studies that may be completely inaccurate. Keep that in mind :D

:+1: as usual

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just read it. Leave it to INGO to come in with a question, and leave more confused....

:runaway:

Your confusion is very understandable. As scientific disciplines go, medicine does not have the best record out there. Bad/contradictory information and changes in direction have existed all through medical history and not all changes have been in a positive direction. The best you can do is read and make the best educated decisions possible.

Just as the latest example of bad medical advice out there: U.S. poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol in diet - Chicago Tribune. Doctors have been purveying bad advice about dietary cholesterol for 40 years now and are finally going to stop.

Read and make your own decisions.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Little known fact, beer is actually full of vitamin P.
    Be cautious, too much can lead to excessive urination and not being able to remember where your pants are.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FNC Dr. on the weekend medical show said 10 minutes in the sun with head exposed and sleeves rolled up will solve vitamin D deficiency. Confirmation?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Your confusion is very understandable. As scientific disciplines go, medicine does not have the best record out there. Bad/contradictory information and changes in direction have existed all through medical history and not all changes have been in a positive direction. The best you can do is read and make the best educated decisions possible.

Just as the latest example of bad medical advice out there: U.S. poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol in diet - Chicago Tribune. Doctors have been purveying bad advice about dietary cholesterol for 40 years now and are finally going to stop.

Read and make your own decisions.

That's kind of the nature of any science, including, and perhaps especially, medicine. If recommendations and best practices aren't changing, it means we aren't exploring or discovering.

Top Bottom