Lets talk AR uppers. Take a newb to school.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I just finished building my first upper. If this is your first AR then you might be better to buy. PSA has been running some really good sales on blem uppers. My 1st AR sounds like it would fit your need. It is a PSA M4 16" 1:7 chrome lined barrel, carbine gas system with Magpul rail. I added a Vortex Strikefire scope, which I am very happy with, and Magpul MBUS. I regularly shoot 25 yards to 200 yards without any problems. You are not going to win a accuracy contests with this.

My new upper is a PSA upper with Rainier Arms Match 18" 1:8 .223 Wylde with Troy Alpha rail and Rainier BCG. I have a scope mounted and might add some 45 degree open sites, not sure yet.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Or you can get a gas-block mounted front sight. There are multiple manufacturers who make them.

Troy:
    Troy_SSIG-GBF-00BT.gif

Diamondhead:
    1651-2T.jpg

Oh nice, I do like this.

But with the set of BUIS he bought off amazon for $30, I didn't think he'd want to spend $80+ in just a front

It's my first build so going a semi-budget route. If the sights prove to not be wortwhile I don't mind throwing them in a drawer and getting something better.

Top Bottom