• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Colt 635 Upper on Spikes lower with Spikes EMB and ST-9x buffer.

I planned to stamp it but am a little reluctant now. I enjoy shooting this in the current configuration without a lot of regret.

IMG_9785.jpg

xstsla009x.jpg

My biggest reluctance to pulling the trigger on a SBR-NFA stamp for it? I travel routinely and shoot with a group. There are a small number of States with AR pistol restrictions but, if I SBR it, the notation below applies everywhere AFAIK.

§ 478.28 Transportation of destructive devices and certain firearms.

(a) The Director may authorize a person to transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, if he finds that such transportation is reasonably necessary and is consistent with public safety and applicable State and local law. A person who desires to transport in interstate or foreign commerce any such device or weapon shall submit a written request so to do, in duplicate, to the Director. The request shall contain:
    (1) A complete description and identification of the device or weapon to be transported;
    (2) A statement whether such transportation involves a transfer of title;
    (3) The need for such transportation;
    (4) The approximate date such transportation is to take place;
    (5) The present location of such device or weapon and the place to which it is to be transported;
    (6) The mode of transportation to be used (including, if by common or contract carrier, the name and address of such carrier); and
    (7) Evidence that the transportation or possession of such device or weapon is not inconsistent with the laws at the place of destination.
    (b) No person shall transport any destructive device, machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle in interstate or foreign commerce under the provisions of this section until he has received specific authorization so to do from the Director. Authorization granted under this section does not carry or import relief from any other statutory or regulatory provision relating to firearms.
    (c) This section shall not be construed as requiring licensees to obtain authorization to transport destructive devices, machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, and short-barreled rifles in interstate or foreign commerce: Provided, That in the case of a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, such a licensee is qualified under the National Firearms Act (see also Part 479 of this chapter) and this part to engage in the business with respect to the device or weapon to be transported, and that in the case of a licensed collector, the device or weapon to be transported is a curio or relic.
    [33 FR 18555, Dec. 14, 1968. Redesignated at 40 FR 16385, Apr. 15, 1975, and amended by T.D. ATF–138, 48 FR 35399, Aug. 4, 1983]

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I need to quit looking at these ar pistol threads the fever is starting to come back.....

Yeah, I've been shopping parts all day now. :spend:

Seaking of which, while shopping for barrels, I've noticed some come threaded in 1/2x28, and some in 1/2x36. Which one should I choose, and why?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You'll have a much greater variety with 1/2x28. My Colt upper is 1/2x36 and requires an adapter for most suppressors or muzzle devices.

1/2x28 would be my vote.

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    IMAG0169.jpg

red x arms upper 7.5˝
    New frontier lower

I bought one of those cheek risers but can't decide if I like it. For now I wrapped the tube in tennis racket grip tape. It's got a little padding but doesn't through off my cheek position. I then covered that in electrical tape just because of color. And better durability in the dirt.

I built my complete lower and bought the completed upper. So no worries on thread pitch and count floor flashider.

Later

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Btheking
    Top Bottom