• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I've been through all of the Show-N-Tell threads and very rarely see any AR pistols. I know there are more than what's posted. So, like I said, post them up and tell your configuration if you want.

BTW:: I know this probably goes in the handgun subforum, but I think it would get more traffic in the long gun subforum.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010

He wants to see INGO'er AR pistols, the same as every other Show-And-Tell thread.

I sold this one, but I'm posting it anyways, because I miss it. :)

100_3748.jpg
    100_3750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    20120925_210235.jpg

20120920_152216_zpsa9ba77f6.jpg

20120920_152110_zpse8bd330c.jpg

Just finished this pistol last week.
    7.5" stainless barrell with stainless a2 hider
    YHM full float quad rail
    Spikes zombie lower
    Cmmg lpk
    Surplus ammo and arms upper bought on gunbroker as complete upper with bcg and buffer tube assembly all new. Good prices. Pm me if you want info on seller. Its a company not individual. So they have multiple configs. And i have nithing to do with company, just trying to pass along a good deal.
    Eotech EXPS on top but its going back on bigger black gun with magnifier. And i putting aimpoint pro on top
    Magpul ms3 sling as single point
    CAA magwell grip so i dont pull on mag itself

For reference longer rifle is 18" barrel plus flash hider
    I need to find a small pelican case to break down into like above for storage and carry

Later

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Nice i went with the keltec plr 16 so theres no buffer tube. Does yours get in the way?

How do you like the Kel Tec. I am kind of interested in one, but some of the reveiws on other guns they make don't seem to be real good.

Jason

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    I love it. Light, accurate. Had it for a year. Just posted it for sell to pay for my new 300 blackout project. Maybe the only issue is its loud. Sounds like a magnum. Everyone at the range notices you and wants to shot it. Not that bad of a kick. Like a .40

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    When it was a pistol it was okay:
    DSC01418.jpg

Love it as a SBR:
    DSC02527.jpg

I only built the pistol to make sure everything was functioning proper and that I liked the short barrel. If I really wanted an AR pistol I would have kept my PLR-16 and would have done something to the trigger to make it lighter than 153lb pull and fix the gravel in it.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I only built the pistol to make sure everything was functioning proper and that I liked the short barrel.

Apologies for the hijack, but every time I see an AR pistol I wonder why people don't just get the stamp. Is it the additional fee? The paperwork? I'm sure an AR pistol is fun as heck, but with a stock I imagine it would be profoundly more practical.

Not that I would ever criticize anyone's decision to buy a gun "just because." :patriot:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Apologies for the hijack, but every time I see an AR pistol I wonder why people don't just get the stamp. Is it the additional fee? The paperwork? I'm sure an AR pistol is fun as heck, but with a stock I imagine it would be profoundly more practical.

Not that I would ever criticize anyone's decision to buy a gun "just because." :patriot:

200 bucks for a piece of paper saying you can mate this lower to that upper is absurd to some.

the 6-7 month wait as well. (check and see how fast your personal check is cashed)

i consider the pistol marked lower as a stepping stone to a sbr. but it does take time to ease into.

practically, yes a sbr is useful in many situations, while the pistol is alot more concealable; IE: behind the seat in the truck / under seat / matrix style trench-coat / etc. :dunno:

:D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The way I've seen people do it is, when they're waiting on the stamp they do the pistol to function test everything. Some people do it as a test to see if they want to go SBR with a particular upper or if they want to go with a 16"+ rifle.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The way I've seen people do it is, when they're waiting on the stamp they do the pistol to function test everything. Some people do it as a test to see if they want to go SBR with a particular upper or if they want to go with a 16"+ rifle.

Sure, that's why I quoted r6vr6 upthread, and it makes perfect sense to me. Alternately, if people really want a gigantic, awkward "pistol" it's none of my business. I just think I would fall into the former camp if I were to want a short barrel on an AR.

Top Bottom