• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Since we are a republic, and that is a gubbermint of, by, and for the people, I must assume that upon the disappearance of the gubbermint the entire country is suddenly empty and without citizens.

Who would I "murder? Rape? Steal from?"........ That would be people who did not and will not live under the authority and guidance of at least the Constitution of the State of Indiana. and then only as the Constitution of the State of Indiana allows

The authority and control exercised by our gubbermint does not come from municipal employees and their weapons, but from the citizen/citizens who finance, promote and allow it...... And then only as allowed and enumerated by the Constitutions State and/or Federal.

Notice that in the stated situation I completely disregarded the Fed and upheld the State

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Since we are a republic, and that is a gubbermint of, by, and for the people, I must assume that upon the disappearance of the gubbermint the entire country is suddenly empty and without citizens.

Who would I "murder? Rape? Steal from?"........ That would be people who did not and will not live under the authority and guidance of at least the Constitution of the State of Indiana. and then only as the Constitution of the State of Indiana allows

The authority and control exercised by our gubbermint does not come from municipal employees and their weapons, but from the citizen/citizens who finance, promote and allow it...... And then only as allowed and enumerated by the Constitutions State and/or Federal.

Notice that in the stated situation I completely disregarded the Fed and upheld the State

A couple of thoughts...

In theory you are right about the nature of a republic. Unfortunately, we have not been operating that way for some time during which the .gov has been functioning as a self-existent entity apart from the people it ostensibly represents.

Your answer to 'Who would I...': I know what you meant, but the way you phrased it is open to, well, extraneous interpretations! :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    A couple of thoughts...

In theory you are right about the nature of a republic. Unfortunately, we have not been operating that way for some time during which the .gov has been functioning as a self-existent entity apart from the people it ostensibly represents.

Your answer to 'Who would I...': I know what you meant, but the way you phrased it is open to, well, extraneous interpretations! :):

In the circumstances put forward by the OP we would have the opportunity to return to the Republic without revolution...... that's nice and convenient.

As far as my "Who would I" phrasing goes....... That's a veiled statement that the current .gov murders rapes and steals from us routinely, all while claiming the Constitution supports it. I suppose I was trying to be ironic.

"for some time during which the .gov has been functioning as a self-existent entity apart from the people it ostensibly represents."....... No $#!+. Why do we (as the citizen/government) allow it?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In the circumstances put forward by the OP we would have the opportunity to return to the Republic without revolution...... that's nice and convenient.

As far as my "Who would I" phrasing goes....... That's a veiled statement that the current .gov murders rapes and steals from us routinely, all while claiming the Constitution supports it. I suppose I was trying to be ironic.

That works for me!

Top Bottom